Grooveshark.io Shuts Down, Grooveshark.vc Surfaces…

April 30th: Grooveshark.com is shut down for good.

May 5th: Grooveshark.io surfaces in its place.

May 7th: Grooveshark.io becomes a globally-ranked website.

May 14th: Grooveshark.io is shut down for good.

May 15th

groovesharkvc

1. so

The strongest possible case for why it’s too soon to get rid of freemium. Instead of going after the guys who are bringing money into the system, how about going after the ones taking it out?

• FarePlay

The strongest possibl case to fix a broken law that grants asylum to online piracy. We’re not asking for a new law, just revising one that was never intended to grant a Safe Harbor for criminals.

• Smarter

Record labels and musicians are the real bandits trying to tell other people what bits they can have on their systems and what sounds they’re allowed to hear. They should all be imprisoned.

WHO CARES? About a joke site? That is a pathetic reflection of the original? Not me

3. JTVDigital

DMN please could you stop advertising (for free) for mp3skull-like illegal music download sites?
    You are giving SEO juice to these sites…

4. Nissl

Like I said, after an original piracy site gets removed, you often see a series of increasingly mediocre knockoffs. Just be patient and keep squashing them.

• Jack Archambault

In this case the sites are getting better, grooveshark.im looks like a legitimate site, and definitely an improvement from grooveshark.vc

5. sszorin

Which criminals are you talking about ? The corporate ones ? They defrauded me of money when I bought CDs which have dynamically compressed and shrill sound. The major labels are responsible for music being studio mastered for loudness, to the point when life is sonically squeezed out of music. All in order that songs can screech out of radios to be obnoxiously loud and noticeable. I have CDs of a multiple Grammy winning singer and they are unlistenable on good audio equipment.
    Do you have any explanation why the criminals responsible for defrauding people out of their moneys by making and selling audio garbage have not been prosecuted and jailed ? What do you suggest the people who love good music can do ? Should we shoot the corporate criminals one by one ?

6. ss

This is a reply to FarePlay who is keen to have grooveshark “criminals” prosecuted.

• FarePlay

We support the individual artists, not the record labels, the film studios, book publishers or Getty images. Revising Section 512 of the DMCA from removing links to removing content, which the law was meant to do in the first place.

This is not just for musicians and songwriters, but all creators granted protection under copyright

• Anonymous

FarePlay, why the artists do not ensure that the consumers are also granted protection from being sold the audio garbage ? An artist can put his or her foot down and demand from the recording studios that his or her CDs are listenable. Why they don’t do that ? They are as guilty of fraud as the piratical music business outfits which defraud people who buy CDs. Not everybody listens to music with tiny crappy ‘Apple earbuds’, not everybody uses music as a background noise in which sound quality does not matter. In the last three years I spent more than 5000 dollars on CDs, all this money feeding the ‘artists’ and the lawyers of parasitical music companies. I used grooveshark to preview music in order not buy ‘cat in a bag’ – one cannot trust that a whole album is decent because one good song from it gets played on radio. As a reward of supporting music industry I was sold many CDs with grossly substandard sound, with awful studio mastering. Who is going to shut down the criminal outfits, selling audio junk, which stole money from me ? Through which lawyer or musicians agency can I ask for some of my money back ? Through which lawyer or government office I can ask for some music companies to be shut down like grooveshark was.? Can you give me some names ?

• LordHamburgers

I myself used to listen to each song on an album with Grooveshark before making the decision to purchase said album. It;s a shame that these powerful people can shut websites down on a whim without any consequence. If I did the same thing to them, I’d probably be labeled a cyber criminal and go to prison the next day (hopefully, I’ll at least get a fair trial).

7. spedkey

Wrong timeline. The same day that the original closed, the IO was online. The very same day

8. GS Revenge

Dear Big Recording Companies: You just shot yourselves in the foot. If you wanted to sell more music, you would have allowed the Grooveshark users to keep their playlist titles. But now your potential customers are angry and you are a target of their anger. Stoopid move RC. I was one of the lucky ones. I have my playlist titles, and I nearly have my music all back, this time its permanent. How’d I get it so fast? Your new enemies are sharing.

9. Serissa

Grooveshark has shut down for good. There is no any other strange site that you said. It is not existed. I suggest you had better to select some alternatives to Grooveshark for utilizing. There are so many streaming music sites online:
    Though I also feel pity about my deleted songs on Grooveshark, just let them go and search for other cools sites.

10. Ilovetheinternet

They even took off grooveshark’s intellectual property away for their own use. Coward move.