The 100 Most Popular YouTube Videos of All Time

Top Videos on YouTube

YouTube Statistics

All view counts taken from YouTube and/or VEVO.

1. Dan

Most Popular *Music* Videos, surely – e.g. Charlie Bit My Finger is on 827m views, but not on your list

2. Russ

I’d like to see combined views of all uploaded videos if any one doesn’t mind doing the math, and then see the top100 artists with most views overall on Vevo.

• @lassial

That’d be nice but the video views spread among so many variations that it is practically impossible to get 100% coverage. You’d also have to define what counts as a duplicate/copy as there are intentional and unintentional variations.

@lassial

3. DG

PSY one top ( Billions of Asians around the world ) well no surprise there!
    Now … I can’t find ‘ Thriller ‘ by M. Jackson in that list which is supposed to be the number ONE video all times!

Paul Resnikoff

PSY’s success was global, so I’m not sure if this success was powered by only Asians. That video is also part of the culture in many countries worldwide, including those with smaller Asian populations.

Good question on Michael Jackson’s Thriller! It has 260,152,637 views, which is a lot but not enough to make the top 100. This is one of the most important music videos of history, but it was released more than 20 years before YouTube even emerged, and is an antique to YouTube’s heaviest users.

4. YM

Who compiled this list? What factors were involved? Was it only the official video on the official channel or re-uploads counted as well? Did the list come from YT and you’ve just copied and pasted? Once again you fall way short of the mark by giving only partial information in order to be click bait. It’s gross. Stop it.

5. Aaron

With the exception of “November Rain,” none of these songs are more than 7 years old, and most of the videos are Vevo videos, so I wonder if the statistics are skewed.

Paul Resnikoff

That’s an excellent point. There’s plenty of suspicion that VEVO (and YouTube) views are purposely skewed, though I’m not sure I’ve seen a clear, smoking gun. Personally, I’m very skeptical of this ‘data’.

• GlennL

Paul, if you’re sceptical of the data (as I am) why publish it??? Waste of everyone’s time, I would have thought.

6. Bill Schultz

These numbers are off by a mile from the actual Youtube count.
    NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE AMOUNT LISTED HERE!

7. ridgerunner

death to smoothie says aaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaacklouieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeptoooooeeeeeeee

8. sexyboii