Total, paying subscribers…
Paying streaming subscriber figures based on company disclosures:
(1) SoundCloud most recently announced plans to start a paid subscription service in the future, but currently has no paying users.
(2) Apple announced 10 million paying subscribers at the end of 2015.
(3) Tidal announced 1 million paying subscribers in late 2015.
(4) Spotify announced its 20 millionth subscriber in mid-2015, and has not updated that figure since. Separately, a Spotify executive predicted 100 million total users during the first quarter of 100 million, which offers a reasonable estimate of roughly 25 million paying users (with more bullish estimates towards 30 million).
(5) Netflix announced its 75 millionth paying subscriber on January 19th, 2016.