Darcus Beese to be Honored as ‘European Executive of the Year’ at Musexpo Europe’s Closing Ceremony.
In preparation for its kick-off in London next month, MUSEXPO Europe has confirmed some of the music and media industry’s most inspiring, innovative and successful executives to its burgeoning line-up. The 4th edition of the event, presented by A&R Worldwide in association with leading UK media publication Music Week, will take place from September 18th-20th at the Millennium Hotel in Mayfair London.
Among the list of confirmed participants at MUSEXPO Europe are:
- Aditya Sharma – Head Of Music, Radio Fritz (Germany)
- André de Raaff – CEO & Co-Founder, Imagem Music Group (Holland)
- Anna Hildur Hildibrandsdottir – Programme Director, Nordic Music Export & Chair, European Music Export Exchange
- Anurag Rao – Founder & CEO, Canvas Talent & Co-Founder & CEO, Farout Media (India)
- Ben Cooper – Controller, BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra (UK)
- Bob Shennan – Controller, BBC Radio 2, 6 Music, Asian Network & Director, BBC Music
- Colin Lester – Founder, JEM Music
- Connie Farr – Music Supervisor & Creative Director, ThinkSynch Music
- Damaris Rex-Taylor – General Manager, Disturbing London
- Daniel Glass – Founder & President, Glassnote Entertainment Group (USA)
- Dumi Oburota – Founder & Managing Director, Disturbing London
- Ed Peto – Managing Director, Outdustry
- Gabe Turner – Director, Fulwell 73
- Glen Rowe – Tour Director, Muse/Cato Music Ltd.
- Guy Moot – Managing Director, U.K. & President, European Creative, Sony/ATV Music Publishing
- Jane Dyball – CEO, MPA Group Of Companies
- Jeff Smith – Head Of Music, BBC Radio 2 & 6 Music (UK)
- Jo Dipple – Chief Executive, UK Music
- Jobst-Henning Neermann – Head of Marketing & Strategic Marketing, KBK Konzert-Künstleragentur GmbH (Germany)
- Joel Denver – President & Publisher, AllAccess (U.S.)
- Jonathan Shalit – Chairman, ROAR Group
- Korda Marshall – Sr. VP, BMG & Founder, Infectious Records
- Leo Pearlman – Producer, Fulwell 73
- Marc Robinson – President, Globe – Creative & Commercial, Universal Music UK
- Mark Strippel – Head Of Programmes, BBC Asian Network (UK)
- Mike Walsh – Deputy Programme Director & Head Of Music, Radio X (UK)
- Mike Smith – President of Music, Virgin EMI
- Oum Pradutt – Founder & Managing Director, Phase 1 (Asia)
- Patrik Larsson – A&R & Label Manager, Playground Scandinavia
- Peter Smidt – Founder & Creative Director, Eurosonic Noorderslag (Holland)
- Rak Sanghvi – Managing Director, UK & Int’l, Spirit B-Unique
- Rebecca Allen – Managing Director, Decca Records
- Rob Graham – Managing Director & CEO, EON Media Group & Executive Producer, Asia Pop 40
- Rob Hallett – CEO, Robomagic
- Robert Ashcroft – CEO, PRS For Music
- Robert Litsen – CEO, Cosmos Music (Scandinavia)
- Sammy Andrews – Artist Manager, LOCK
- Sanken Sandqvist – Managing Director, BMG Scandinavia
- Sigi Schuller – Sr. Director A&R, Universal Music Germany
- Steve Schnur – Worldwide Executive & President, EA Music Group
- Steve Smith – COO, Arabian Radio Network
- Ted Cockle – President, Virgin EMI
- Zoe Stainsby – Co-Founder, Iconic Artists
…and many others.
Additionally, it’s been revealed that Island Records UK President, Darcus Beese, will be the inaugural recipient of the “European Executive of the Year Award” which will be presented during the special gala dinner that closes MUSEXPO Europe on Tuesday September 20th.
The award honors an executive with a stellar track record across Europe over the last 12 months, who has helped set new standards in artistic and commercial achievement. Beese certainly fits the bill! Island has been on an incredible run of No.1s on the albums charts with artists including Catfish & The Bottlemen, PJ Harvey and Ariana Grande, plus Drake’s near-record-breaking hold on the UK singles No.1.
“It’s always been about the music, the artists…”
“MUSEXPO European Executive of The Year…Wow!” stated Beese. “I don’t know what to say. I’ve been in music and Island Records for pretty much all my adult life and I can’t think of anywhere else I’d rather be.”
“Every day is an honor, and a privilege, to come in and run this amazing label full of incredible artists and the absolute best staff,” Beese continued. “It’s always been about the music, the artists and the people in the company and I believe we are the best. So while I am the recipient of this award, it really does belong to everyone at Island, all the artists and all the people who work here because they love music and want to be a part of it.”
Sponsorship and media partnerships are available for those interested in placing their brand message in front of an audience of key international tastemakers and decision makers.
For hotel and registration details regarding MUSEXPO Europe, as well as for details regarding the VIP dinner awards gala, please contact Tyler Polzin at [email protected]