Introduce Yourself to the Digital Music News Community!

Digital Music News: The Music Industry Hub!

As the holidays get started and people take a little break, we thought it would be great to get some networking started.  So please: introduce yourself to the Digital Music News community below!

Here are some things to include:

who are you?

where are you taking the music industry?

what are you writing, composing, or arranging?

what are you trying to figure out?

who are you looking to partner with?

what music are you listening to?

what’s great about the industry? what needs to be fixed?

Start a discussion, ask a question, answer a question, spark a debate.  Include as much detail as you’d like, including links, images, whatever.  Shameless plugs encouraged.

And Happy Thanksgiving!

Image by Tech.Co, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC by 2.0).

Paul Resnikoff

Hey everyone! I’m Paul from DMN. We’re trying to build a kick ass music industry news source, community, and overall resource. Thanks for being a part of it.

What am I listening to? New xx is pretty cool, in fact, anything that samples Hall & Oates is automatically great. A little classic Phil Collins for November works. And kind of digging the Weeknd of late, though has anyone noticed he sounds eerily like Michael Jackson on his latest cut w/ Daft Punk?

2. D. S. Bradford

Hi! My name is David a.k.a D. S. Bradford. Music artist, composer for media, influencer, and writer looking for opportunities to share my experiences with people in the music and tech industries. I like to write about new trends and ways to help make the music business work for us by using creative ways to market and create a brand. If interested, have a listen to my latest: Elemental Evolution: http://dsbradford.com and reach out to me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/dsbradford
    I just want to make some new friends! Let’s talk about music!

3. David Jameson

I’m Dr. David Jameson with Deskew Technologies, LLCs. We are the developers of Gig Performer (http://gigperformer.com) which is a new cross platform (Mac and Windows) audio plugin host designed explicitly for live performing musicians as well as live sound engineers. This application came about due to my (and others for that matter) dissatisfaction with other applications that try to address this area.

I also play keyboards and the Eigenharp and tour internationally with The Security Project (http://securityprojectband.com) and indeed many of the features in Gig Performer were driven by actual on-stage experiences by myself and others.

As for my musical tastes, I’m vaguely stuck in the 70s prog world and still mourning the death of my keyboard hero, Keith Emerson.

4. Nicky Knight's thoughts..

Hi Paul, I think DMN is a great information and gossip website about the business end of the recorded music scene (sometimes known as the recorded music racket…).

About the things I like:

I’m all about super catchy Pop songs with instant hooks and state-of-the-art
    dance music production elements.

My top pop producers/writers and remixers are:
    Max Martin (no surprise there – a true master of the game)
    Mike Stock (great UK pop with surprise chord movements)
    Disco Pirates (fantastic remixes)
    Mike Chapman (yes he’s back in the game.. classic pop and pop/rock)

Favorite musical instrument: Keyboards and Piano
    Favorite DAW: Cubase Pro 8.5 and Logic Pro X
    Currently using Cubase Pro 8.5

Favorite music key: C Major/A Minor
    Trickiest music keys: F# and B

This weeks favorite song: “For Me” by “Chloe Rose”

Top choice cities for networking in the pop music recording business:
    Los Angeles and London (interchangeable order).

The future of Recorded Pop:
    Internet Streaming i.e. Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube
    (and who knows what’s around the corner…)

Hope:
    That iTunes keeps going…

Creative:
    More songwriting and production teams being setup by music entrepreneurs
    focusing on creating the hits for a new generation.

Money:
    There’s still millions to be made out of big global hits..

The number 1 ingredient is the song (as corny as that might sound..)

5. The Music Business Network L.L.C.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kathryn N Sano and I am the Founder/Executive Director of The Music Business Network. We are in our 8th year of operating and are re-launching our site (after we restructured to further assist our members) on January 1st. Prior to our restructure and implementation of our new platform, we had over 4,000 active members members located throughout 52+ different countries, “buy in,” to the idea of The Network. Our mission is simple. We exist to assist creatives in achieving their career goals (via education, digital and physical networking, opportunities and much more).

This is a comprehensive network dedicated solely to professionals. Hobbyists are not allowed and all members are heavily screened for reliability and reputability.

Please visit our website (TheMusicBusinessNetwork.com) to obtain more information about The Music Business Network and join our community today!

We’re Running A Special Thanksgiving promotion (starting today and ending on 11/30/16) Where You Can Gain Early Access To The Network!

The Complimentary Invitation Code Is: THANK YOU and is only valid for, “Start Me Up,” membership types (membership upgrades are free however, you must contact us to obtain one). If you attempt to use this code on any other membership type your access will be denied.

This is an amazing community filled with the best and brightest individuals in the music and entertainment industries.

We look forward to you joining!

~ Kathryn N. Sano

• Remi Swierczek

Nice but not brilliant!
      I would say bit arrogant with your HOBBYISTS not allowed policy.
      You sound like government or United Nations agency.

Are you branch of ignorant Music Business World? – The mouth piece of Sir Lucian and his UMG suicide team?

6. Andy

Hi everyone! I’m Andy from Bandtraq. It’s a service that helps to keep tabs on your favorite artists by aggregating updates from social networks (Facebook, Twitter) and tracking new videos, releases and concerts into one simple feed. Everything related to the artists you like in one place. You can also subscribe to style tags to see what’s going on in a specific music style, or explore recommendations based on your favorite artists.
    We’re still in beta, so any feedback is greatly appreciated! Check us out at https://bandtraq.com

• Remi Swierczek

However you are, you are not me and YOU are misjudging the only RE-DESIGNER and savior of music business.

Sorry for delay, but I am still finishing the management of Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend flooring harvest! At any time, you need flooring just call in your order and ask 10% Off “Remi” special. http://www.bestlaminate.com

Back to f..up MUUUUUSSSIC, I am an inventor of Shazam style music ID service gone stray to free music PIMPING service! Today Shazam, Sounhound, Gracenote, Google (the biggest), Microsoft and few lyric ID services serve free of charge to 3 (three) billion freeloaders as a providers of FREE FRESHLY discovered music. ID it and go to YouTube and you are THE OWNER.

My ne Patent Pending Discovery Moment Monetization is overdue for execution.
      $200B music business based on DISCOVERY MOMENT MONETIZATION is (and must be) obvious to total idiot. We can convert 100,000 global Radio stations, 3 to 4 million public spots and 7 STUPID streamers to simple music stores. Play the best (all of you) and charge for addition to personal playlist! SIMPLE!

More chaotic info on abandoned blog http://www.musicindustryRX.com

Larry Page, the moonshot seeker, Google and YouTube required to have $100B music industry by 2020, $200B music industry by 2025 and $300B music industry by 2030!

Do you want help music and musicians? Help me to connect with Larry Page!

7. light:box:therapy

Songwriter/bedroom producer working on an 8 track in my apt – I focus mainly on film/Tv placements – oddly (not sure why) 🙂 I’ve been writing political songs as of late – here’s a couple versions of my latest effort ~
    Dark Money (Live from Dave’s shed) – https://soundcloud.com/lightboxtherapy/dark-money-live-from-daves-shed?in=lightboxtherapy/sets/light-box-therapy-1
    Dark Money (acoustic) – https://soundcloud.com/lightboxtherapy/dark-money-acoustic?in=lightboxtherapy/sets/light-box-therapy-1
    Dark Money (acoustic video) – https://youtu.be/5twxLNC-yi4
    my links
    soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/lightboxtherapy/sets/light-box-therapy-1
    twitter – https://twitter.com/lightboxtherapy
    spotify – https://open.spotify.com/artist/7J4QsxOIiMG3VDChH8ZaxD

thanks Paul..

8. Mr.Mrg

Hello World.

I am Michael Goldsmith.

My Artist Identity is: Mr.Mrg

What I am bringing to the Industry? I don’t know. The Industry will pick and choose what they think I’m bringing regardless of what I say.

I write Idea’s and my own philosophies.

I write about life events, things I see and have experienced.

I focus more on bringing Truth and Reality to the Music Industry. What’s going on in the world and around us.

Currently, On a Massive scale I am releasing hundreds of sound samples and song samples all over Social Media, Sound Cloud, YouTube Ect. Leah McHenry claimed that this is ” Winging it ” But I would only see it that way If I was Immediately trying to profit. I produce currently Alternative Rap/Hip-Hop Sounds.

I am 100% unprofessional and have no way to make professional sound.

Everything I’ve released in recent history ( past 4 years ) has just been recorded with my Cell Phone Video and the Instrumentals were played on my 42″ Flat Screen Volume blasted at 90+ decibels.

9. Gregg Young

Hi Gregg Young here, a multi genre award winning artist: Singer/song writer, guitarist, ASCAP Composer/Publisher, Grammy voting member, founder & CEO Shore Records, music director & “house band” leader @ Dome Arclight Ent. Ctr. Hollywood. Great to meet you all. New album, Portraits, is considered in 3 categories for a Grammy. Bringing back hit instrumentals. https://soundcloud.com/greggyoung

10. Shit Boy

I don’t even like this business anymore because I’m not making any money on the retail side. They got my distribution locked out . The only way I get paid in this shit or at least compete is when I drive my syndicate deep into the financial sector of the ‘ MatriX Systems ‘ then I can prosper –:: I done did until it was done 700 Billion USD in less than 30 days. I don’t like this mess !

11. Elizabeth de Moya

Hello, I’m the Blog Manager at BPM Supreme, the #1 digital music pool. Check us out.

12. Sergey Bludov

I’m Sergey Bludov – Senior VP of Media and Entertainment Practice at DataArt, global network of technology consulting and software services firm. I am based in NYC and my focus is on serving the technology design and development needs for clients in entertainment, music, publishing, advertising and sports industries. You can connect with me on LinkedIn @sbludov https://www.linkedin.com/in/sbludov

13. Dms

A bunch of failed musicians and bitter old people, what a total surprise.
    No one gives a shit about your community, all you’ve done is make money out of shit journalism and click bait. It’s hardly the next Facebook Is it paul