Label Strategy Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt Reports to: Sales & Label Strategy Director – Jason Taylor (email@example.com)
Department: Label Strategy Supervises: Project Managers
Position Level: L3
Primary purpose of the job
There are three major areas of focus for the Label Strategy Manager:
- Management of Redeye Project Managers and the Label Strategy Department
- Managing overall relationships with Redeye labels to ensure overall satisfaction and health of the label.
- Oversee Project Management which includes overall management of Redeye’s release schedule, associated tasks and review/approval over marketing plans.
Significant duties of the Label Strategy Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and maintain overall label satisfaction through on-going communication, which includes:A recurring “label review” call with priority labels in which the focus is ways to improve our service and the value we’re bringing to the label.
- Monitors and communicates with label about overall sales, specific sales goals and categories (new release/catalog, digital/physical, domestic/international), and overall account balance with Redeye.
- Industry expert allowing to advise label partners and staff on all things related to having a successful campaign (release, catalog, any label activity in general).
- Work with the team, across departments, to help provide for the best possible basket of services for labels according to their individual needs and opportunities.
- Manages flow of release schedule and the creation of timely plans and all tasks associated with doing so. Project Managers should be given areas to focus on to create campaigns for new releases, digital only releases, catalog campaigns, tour related opportunities, etc.
- Makes decisions on a weekly basis regarding street dates for releases, moving dates for titles that are missing assets or stock by deadlines, based on needs of domestic and int’l sales teams.
- Monitors assets and stock on hand through the release schedule to determine street date viability for releases
- Makes final decision on ‘bumped’ titles and street date moves.
- Approves all priority marketing plans providing insight and expertise to the plan, bringing in experts from other departments as needed to contribute.
- Attends industry and distributed artist and label events
- Approves Super P&D authorizations and tracks budgeting against contract agreement
- Oversees the new label orientation process, with emphasis on maximizing our impact on new labels
- Assigns distributed labels and artists to Project Managers
- Lead the bi-weekly new release meeting. Have weekly one-on-one meetings with all PM’s.
- Manage implementation of all label related deadlines
- Launches activity sets for priority releases.
- Responsible for educating team on new services, marketing opportunities, internal/external procedures, best practices, etc.
Minimum education and skills.
- College graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Must be a thoughtful team player and have great people skills on the phone and in person.
- Strong organization skills is a must.
- Must be thirsty for knowledge – excited about new developments in the industry
- Deep knowledge of music industry from both a distribution, label and artist perspective.
- At least two years working at a digitally focused music company in either Marketing or Project Management.
- Management experience with a strong focus on ongoing education and sharing of information
- Expert in all aspects of Project Management including marketing and promotion options
- Aware of best practices with all digital partners.
- Must be results driven.
- Understand the current music landscape as a worldwide marketplace.
Interested parties should send a resume/cv to Jason Taylor, Redeye Sales & Label Strategy Director – firstname.lastname@example.org.