Sync Licensing Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt Reports to: YRMG General Manager
Department: YRMG Position Level: L3
Primary purpose of the job
The Sync Licensing Manager is responsible for fielding and managing master and publishing clearance requests for the Yep Roc Music Group. while developing, maintaining and expanding our licensing relationships and hitting all related revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships directly with music supervisors, ad agencies filmmakers and all other potential licensing contacts.
- Work to place YRMG masters and publishing assets into pertinent licensing opportunities.
- With Business Affairs Department Negotiate fees and rights and execute contracts for sync opportunities
- Develop with broader YRMG Marketing Team strategies to maximize sales potential afforded by sync placements.
- Develop knowledge of market value for all YRMG controlled and represented recordings/artists and compositions
- Organize and attend artist functions for music supervisors, ad agencies and others when appropriate.
- Manage relationships with outside Sync agencies working on our behalf
- maintain internal database of synch contacts
- Log all licensing and publishing activity and communicate with YRMG General Manager and artists and their representatives
- Maintain budgets and hit licensing and revenue goals
- Attend weekly meeting with YRMG General Manager
- Attend local shows by all YRMG artists.
- Represent company at other industry functions as assigned. May be asked to travel to attend events as needed.
- Be an expert on all YRMG artists, Riff City Sounds publishing clients and their music.
- Demonstrate courteous and timely communication with company staff and outside contacts. Maintain positive attitude and show initiative for getting job done. Demonstrate high level of energy for workflow.
- Must have strong troubleshooting, self management, and project management skills.
- Other duties as assigned by YRMG General Manager.
Minimum education and skills.
College graduate or equivalent. Excellent communication and computer skills. Must be aggressive, organized, a team player and have great people skills on the phone and in person.
Los Angeles Based
Music business experience required.
Enthusiasm and passion for a wide Variety of Styles of music
Ideal candidate should have a minimum of five years of direct experience with music clearances at a label , publishers, or music supervision company
Apply Now: http://bit.ly/slmraa