High Level Job Description: Controller, mtheory LLC
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly/quarterly financial close processes for mtheory and clients, including financial statement preparation and analyses, general ledger maintenance, reconciliations, etc.
- Manage client service relationships with creative managers and artists directly.
- Hands on management of all accounting operations to include billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, income tracking, general ledger maintenance.
- Develop, maintain and update annual budget and forecasts for mtheory and clients.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work with tax professionals to ensure proper and timely local, state and federal tax filings and reporting requirements.
- Work with corporate third party to ensure timely submission of client’s monthly/quarterly financials and necessary analysis.
- Oversee bookkeeping activities.
- Provide any ad hoc analysis/projects.
- Project accounting and tour accounting for various artists and companies
- Expense management, to include T&E control and overhead management
- Assist in implementing IT initiatives, including the possible implementation of a new accounting system.
- Market research analysis for artists.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new procedures and processes to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the company and clients.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Take ownership of financial goals and operational needs
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to grow with a growing organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure/tight deadlines.
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Knowledge of Mac and Quickbooks a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 3+ years of experience with a Big 4 CPA firm in auditing.
- 3+ years of experience in private industry music or publishing business.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements required.
- Supervision experience required.
- CPA a plus.
Potential candidates should submit a resumé that summarizes employment and education history, as well as references. Interested parties can please submit resumé to: [email protected]