In De Goot Entertainment launched in 1993 as a promotions and management company and quickly became one of the premiere leaders in both fields. The company, founded by industry veteran Bill McGathy, has since evolved into a marquee management company overseeing the careers of artists running the gamut of the rock ‘n roll genre. In De Goot currently represents a wide range of artists including multi-platinum rock acts such as Shinedown and Chevelle, rapidly ascending stars Halestorm and Highly Suspect, and established fan favorites and road warriors like Theory of a Deadman, In This Moment, and Black Stone Cherry. Expanding their repertoire outside of hard rock, IDG has also made its mark in the alternative / mainstream / pop scene with hitmakers Neon Trees, indie buzz bands Spirit Animal, Drowners, and Slothrust, and promising major label newcomers like Bel Heir, AudioDamn!, and more.
The Manager, Digital Marketing will take ownership of marketing efforts in the social media and online space for our entire roster. They will work directly with the VP of Marketing and other senior staff members to create online marketing plans and craft strategies that are unique to each artist’s voice and target audience. They will be granted a great deal of autonomy and be expected to deliver results and guide others with minimal supervision.
– Oversee online content strategy and management of In De Goot’s roster of artists and touring properties.
– Constantly re-evaluate and optimize best practices for artists and staff in the fast changing world of social media and digital marketing.
– Liaise with label partners, sponsorship partners and internal staff to create and execute creative marketing campaigns surrounding our artists’ album releases, tours, and other endeavors.
– Monitor new and emerging online platforms; educate managers and artists on platforms that will be beneficial to use.
– Create and execute online advertising plans as needed; oversee plans executed by partners.
– Consistently research and bring forth monetization opportunities in the digital space; including new platforms and further developing relationships with key digital accounts.
– Develop and oversee the creation of monthly reports for artist managers; educate them on strengths, weaknesses, and trends across artists’ online properties.
– Minimum 3 years of digital marketing experience, preferably in the music, entertainment, or tech industry.
– Commitment to learn the voice of our roster of artists and the cultures surrounding their respective fanbases.
– Ability to manage and bring out the best in those you supervise.
– Entrepreneurial attitude, ability to see a project through from start to finish with little to no supervision.
– Working knowledge of Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Google AdWords and YouTube Campaigns
– Working knowledge of native social analytics, as well as aggregators such as Next Big Sound and other social listening services.
– Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
– Skilled and clear communication with internal staff and external clients.
– Deep knowledge of all social platforms and an active interest in emerging trends in this space.
– Working familiarity with web development, domain registration, and hosting.
– Knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut, Illustrator, HTML, CSS a plus.
– Willingness to attend artist performances in the evenings and on the weekends.
– Ability to commute to the In De Goot offices in New York City daily during the work week. Remote applicants are not being considered at this time.
– A love for music is a must; familiarity with the artists on our roster is even better.
Please email applications to [email protected]