Victory Records: Victory Records is an exciting, entrepreneurial business and the #1 Independent Rock Record Label in the country. The company has a sister publishing company, www.anothervictory.com, and, a sister merchandising company, www.shirts-now.com. We are looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented, analytical and self-motivated individual with personality to join our team.
Department Description: The Victory Records Royalty department is responsible for rendering artist and mechanical royalties based on sales of Victory’s products. The department services the company to ensure that royalties are issued timely and accurately.
Job Description: Manage all aspects of artist royalty reporting for Victory Records. Oversee artist royalty processing and accounting; including the preparation and supervision of royalty rate input, rendering of statements on a quarterly and semi-annual basis, and managing internal/external royalty enquires. Liaise with the other members of the Finance Department.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage the rendering, review and payment of royalty statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise and prioritize the coding of Victory’s repertoire.
- Review accrual contracts on a monthly basis and prioritize coding to ensure timely reporting.
- Monitor, review and approve royalty contract rate setups entered in the royalty system by staff in accordance with internal control procedures.
- Review recoupable costs coded to statements on a quarterly basis to ensure timely and accurate recoupment.
- Provide account information to others in the Finance Department to ensure the accurate coding of recoupable costs.
- Coordinate, review and approve account and vendor maintenance requests.
- Review and reconcile payment proposals when generated.
- Assist in financial month end close; provide management with royalty rate information needed for accrual purposes and prepare and approve royalty adjustments and journal entries as required.
- Field internal/external inquiries and respond in an effective, courteous and timely manner.
- Oversee and ensure that all department internal controls are adhered to and maintained.
- Assist the Finance Department as needed with other projects / tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills especially MS Excel.
- Knowledge of ACCPAC and/or Sage 300 a major plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong systems knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and financial aptitude.
- Candidate must have prior experience using Counterpoint.
- At least 4-5 years royalties/residual experience, music industry royalty experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with interpreting recording contracts required.
- Experience with ACCPAC and/or Sage 300 preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
Excellent benefits- medical, dental, life and 401K. Please submit a cover letter and resume with references and detailed description of your accounting and computer skills, along with salary history to (e-mail): work (at) victoryrecords.com or fax: 312.873.3889. All applicants will be held in the strictest confidentiality.
You can view background press on the company at: http://www.victoryrecords.com/about
PLEASE, DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU SUBMIT A COMPREHENSIVE COVER LETTER AND MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS AD.