Spartan Records is seeking an experienced licensing manager to proactively pursue new licensing revenue streams and grow our music licensing business. This is a commission-based, remote position for an entrepreneurial self-starter who’s interested in being a part of an innovative, passionate, independent record label focused on meeting the needs of today’s artists and music fans.
- Own the strategy for Spartan’s music licensing and pursue new licensing opportunities with a goal of driving revenue and increasing awareness of Spartan artists
- Develop a publishing agreement, strategy, and pitch for signing additional artist clients to publishing agreements outside of the Spartan label roster
- Serve as the central point of contact for licensing partners
- Manage all administrative duties related to licensing agreements, including, but not limited to, management of audio files, tracking payment and royalties, and facilitating additional copyright licenses as necessary
- Solid licensing background with an understanding of music/content licensing, and experienced with contracts
- Strong existing relationships with music placement companies and other potential licensees
- Good communicator, proven negotiator and presenter
- Well organized with ability to plan and deliver; high attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Proven interpersonal relationship skills
- Good IT skills
- Passion for music
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.