Yeezianity: “THE BEST CHURCH OF ALL TIME!!!!!”

Screen shot 2014-01-14 at 5.20.24 PM

It’s no secret that Kanye West sees himself as a God, so I guess it was just a matter of time until a religion formed around him.

Yeezianity describes itself as “an anonymous group who believes that the one who calls himself Yeezus is a divine being who has been sent by God to usher in a New Age of humanity“.

While this may sound creepy and cult-like, Noisey interviewed Yeezianity’s anonymous founder to get to the bottom of it:

“First question: Is Yeezianity for real?”

“I believe in what it is, and that’s real.  But is there a real organized religion behind it?  There is not.  At first, I thought about putting on that it was—I thought that’d be more viral or whatever—but I’m not going to be able to uphold that.”

“So you’re not approaching Kanye as a ‘god,’ per se, but you’re instead approaching him as someone who inspires you?”

“Exactly.  He’s a god.  You’re a god.  Why Yeezus is the figure is because Kanye is the one who believes that the hardest, so that’s why he’s the model for behavior.”

1. TuneHunter

I hope he is a God!
    Possibly he will grab 12 Kanye advisors (Mel Watts , and Oprah are the must) and we will rig-up new “fair use” act. Discovery Moment Monetization will rule with 100B industry by 2020.

2. Jughead

Pathetic. America is a wasteland which embraces stupidity, depravity, and self indulgence.

I think Rome did the same thing.

1. Becky Bishop

What Jughead said. Americans are a mindless group of sheep willing to kiss the ass of the asshole.

Yep, unlike the rest of the world, where nothing bad or stupid ever happens and all people are model human beings.

1. Jughead

…but, we are leading the charge.

I am petitioning to have “dignity” removed from the dictionary. It is an arcane concept in the western world.

3. R.P.

How low can you guys go posting nonsense like this?

R.P., you are being heretical.

4. hippydog

whats sad is a thousand years from now, THIS will be the religion that survives ;-)

1. Nina Ulloa

i’d sooner join Yeezianity than I would Christianity

Can’t wait for his peeps to Coinye them out of existence. Which, as the holy father, I suppose would be Kanye’s perogative.

6. JMUZIC

Funny, Creepy yet Amusing.