Beats Music is trying to get its service off the ground while Rdio and Spotify are preoccupied with the Grammys.
The Grammys have chosen Rdio as their official streaming service. The official Grammys app uses Rdio’s API, allowing people to listen to music by this year’s artists and performers. The Grammys have also created a profile on Rdio with playlists of all the nominees.
Meanwhile, Spotify has predicted Grammy winners based on streaming data. They say they correctly predicted the winners of 2013′s Record of the Year and Album of the Year awards. Here are their predictions for the upcoming gala:
- Record of the Year: “Radioactive” – Imagine Dragons
- Album of the Year: The Heist - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best New Artist: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Pop Solo Performance: “Royals” - Lorde
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: “Get Lucky” - Daft Punk Feat. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers
The Grammys go down Sunday, January 26th.