Location: Washington, DC
The Royalties Coordinator will research sound recording and music copyrights to facilitate accurate and timely payment of royalties to rights owners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research sound recording and music copyrights using a combination of internal and external data sources, and update systems with research findings.
- Generate and perform quality assurance on reports of use to rights holders.
- Work with other coordinators, project-based research contractors, and third-party vendors to continuously improve research and reporting process.
- Work with multiple teams as new systems are developed and deployed into production to test integrity and accuracy of sound recording and music copyrights.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in music fields such as radio, record labels, music publishers, digital service provider or other music licensee.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels, across creative, technical, finance and legal.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to small details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to handle large volumes of multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and manage a team that can do the same.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to fine details.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative writing ability.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of music and sound recordings, both the history of recorded music, and the current musical landscape, across multiple genres.
- Frequent Travel to our NY Studios.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience working with software development teams preferred.
- Experience with web-based workflow management preferred.
- Knowledge of content management and/or broadcast automation systems preferred.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. is the largest radio company measured by revenue and has more than 30 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and offers commercial-free music; premier sports and live events; news and comedy; exclusive talk and entertainment; and a wide variety of Latin commercial-free music, sports, and talk programming. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S. and smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM listeners can personalize SiriusXM’s expertly curated commercial-free music channels using MySXM and listen to thousands of hours of programming on demand using SiriusXM On Demand.
SiriusXM is also one of the world’s largest pure-play audio entertainment companies and is among the largest subscription media companies in the United States, offering an impressive array of exclusive content that spans virtually all genres and interests, including Howard Stern, Dr. Laura, Hoda Kotb, Jenny McCarthy, Andy Cohen, Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy, Joe Madison, Michael Smerconish, Jamie Foxx, Coach K, Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, Stephen A. Smith, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Joel Osteen, Comedy Central, Entertainment Weekly, TODAY Show Radio, Bleacher Report, Jimmy Buffett, Elvis, Eminem, Grateful Dead, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Pitbull, Tom Petty, Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen, and Tiësto. SiriusXM is the ultimate destination for sports fans, offering listeners sports talk and live play-by-play from the NFL, Major League Baseball®, NASCAR®, NBA, NHL®, PGA TOUR®, IZOD IndyCar® Series, soccer, college sports, and more.
SiriusXM has arrangements with every major automaker for installation of satellite radio in their vehicles. SiriusXM products for cars, the home or office are available through shop.siriusxm.com and at retail locations nationwide.
SiriusXM is also a leading provider of telematics and connected vehicles services, providing safety, security and convenience services to a host of major automotive manufacturers.
SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers through SiriusXM Traffic™,SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic® and Nav Weather™. SiriusXM delivers weather, data and information services to aircraft and boats through SiriusXM Aviation, Sirius Marine™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation, and XMWX Marine™.
SiriusXM also holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has more than 2.7 million subscribers.
On social media, join the SiriusXM community on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SiriusXM is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among its employees.