* Looks like Sony Music Entertainment has signed onto Google Music at the eleventh hour, according to multiple sources.
EMI now also appears to be playing ball, a situation that leaves Warner Music Group the unlicensed holdout. The splashy announcement starts in a matter of hours, with an afterparty to top things off. Most are wondering what this monstrosity ultimately look like.
* Also in major label-land, former Jive executive Peter Thea has been named EVP at Universal Republic & Island Def Jam.
* MOG has just launched its in-dash, on-demand radio solution with BMW. The integrated option is available across equipped 2011 Beamers and MINIs.
* What are the most purchased items on mobile devices? Event tickets topped the latest ranking by Jumptap, with tablets driving ecommerce gains.
* Soundcloud has just been integrated into Retronyms’ Tabletop 1.2, a modular audio environment for the iPad.
* The Zappa Family Trust has just tapped TuneSat to monitor usage of Frank Zappa’s catalog across TV.
* Indaba has inked a collaborative partnership with Downtown Music’s Songtrust, one that includes special discounts on music publishing administration services.