- Sync and Swim: Shazam has just hired Jonathan Block-Verk, who will occupy the newly-created position of Executive Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Head of Television. Block-Verk has been President and CEO of TV marketing group PromaxBDA for the past six years.
- Kemosabe Records, production-extraordinaire Dr. Luke‘s joint venture with Sony Music Entertainment, has hired Greg Marella as Executive Vice President. Marella was previously Vice President of Promotion at Interscope Geffen A&M, leading promotional campaigns for Lady Gaga, Ellie Goulding, Robin Thicke, and many more.
- Downtown Music Publishing (DMP), which recently split from Downtown Records, has promoted Joe Conyers to Vice President of Technology and General Manager of Songtrust. Conyers was previously Songtrust’s Head of Product. Songtrust is DMP’s automated global copyright registration and income tracking service.
- Clear Channel Entertainment has a couple changes:
- Chris Williams has been promoted to Senior Vice President of iHeartRadio Programming. He will report to Darren Davis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of National Programming Platforms.
- Vanessa Adamo has been hired as Senior Vice President of Brand Partnerships for the Clear Channel Entertainment Enterprises division. She will report to the division’s President, John Sykes.
- The BBC appointed Gautam Rangarajan Director of Strategy. Rangarajan has been on the strategy team for five years, and will report to James Purnell, Director of Strategy and Digital.
- AirPlay Direct has slotted Rich Mahan as their second APD Artist Ambassador. Collective Evolution, Airplay’s new consulting firm, will manage the APD Artist Ambassador Program.
Image: Jonathan Block-Verk, Shazam EVP Strategic Partnerships, Head of Television