AI-Focused MatchTune Inks 15,000-Track Deal With BMG Production Music

(photo: Franck V.)

AI-focused music-to-video platform MatchTune has closed a 15,000-track deal with advertising and media music provider BMG Production Music.

BMG Production Music and MatchTune shared news of the deal with Digital Music News this morning. MatchTune has developed an AI program capable of searching through a vast library of songs to find the ideal tracks for visual media projects (based upon the tone and mood desired by the client). Furthermore, MatchTune’s website indicates that the program can seamlessly lengthen or shorten songs based upon the duration of the video at hand.

Under the contract’s terms, BMG Production Music will provide approximately 15,000 of its production music works to MatchTune, so that they can conceivably be linked and tailored to visual media projects using AI.

Addressing the BMG Production Music agreement, MatchTune Co-Founder and CEO Philippe Guillaud said: “MatchTune is delighted to be able to work with BMGPM and demonstrate how we can help existing music catalogues and artists find a broader audience by removing the lengthy integration work required in matching music and video content, as well as finding the right tracks.”

BMG Production Music EVP & Global Managing Director John Clifford, for his part, stated: “As BMGPM continues to strengthen its offering, it is imperative to recognize innovations in technology and diversification of revenue streams. Partnering with MatchTune, we are continuing to champion our hidden hitmakers while meaningfully connecting the BMGPM catalog with a wider audience.”

Citizens and experts alike have voiced uncertainty over artificial intelligence’s influence in the workplace, and specifically, its potential for eliminating jobs and displacing employees.

A Pew Research survey asked approximately 1,900 experts of their opinion of the matter, and 48 percent of respondents indicated that AI would nix more careers than it created, while the other 52 percent of survey participants voiced the opposite belief.

Back in January, iHeartMedia cited tech and AI capabilities when explaining why it laid off a substantial number of employees.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.