If Snapchat keeps crashing on your smartphone, here are a few quick fixes to resolve the issue.
Snapchat can often have problems after updates, especially if you have an older smartphone. There are a few things you can try to resolve the issue on your own. However, if you have a smartphone that is over four years old, you may need to consider getting a new one.
Before getting into specific OS fixes, you should always restart the app to see if that fixes any issues. Also, make sure your connection is stable since WiFi issues can sometimes cause Snapchat to keep crashing.
Snapchat Keeps Crashing – Android
If you have an Android device, there are a handful of fixes you can try to solve Snapchat crashes. First, try clearing the Snapchat app cache to see if that resolves the error. Sometimes files can get corrupted, which causes the Snapchat app to crash.
How to Clear Snapchat Cache
- Tap and hold the Snapchat app icon.
- Press the ‘App Info‘ prompt to open settings.
- Tap the ‘Clear Cache‘ button.
- Open Snapchat to see if crashes are resolved.
If clearing the cache worked to resolve your Snapchat app crashing, great! If not, there are a few more things we can try. Sometimes, deleting the app and reinstalling it can fix the issue.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat
- Tap and hold the Snapchat icon on your home screen.
- Press ‘Uninstall‘ to delete the app.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for ‘Snapchat‘ and re-download the app.
- Sign in and see if Snapchat keeps crashing.
Sometimes a quick uninstall and a reinstall of the app will resolve any problems you’re facing. Before you delete the Snapchat app, though, make sure you have your Memories backed up. If you have opted-in to login verification, make sure you have your recovery codes available.
Snapchat Keeps Crashing – iOS
If Snapchat keeps crashing on your iOS device, there are a handful of things we can try to fix it. Sometimes a lack of space available on your device can cause app crashes. If that’s the case, you’ll need to clear your iPhone or iPad cache.
- Open the ‘Settings‘ app on an iOS device.
- Tap ‘General,’ then find ‘iPhone Storage‘ and tap it.
- Scroll through the list of apps and find Snapchat.
- Review how much storage space Snapchat is using.
iOS orders the apps that are taking up the most space first. If you have an app that is taking up a large amount of space that you’re no longer using, considering offloading the app. Offloading it will delete the app, but preserve any settings. Delete the app to remove the app and all related data from your device.
Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat app on iOS
- Tap and hold the ‘Snapchat‘ icon on your home screen.
- Press the small ‘X‘ that appears to delete the app.
- Open the ‘App Store‘ and search ‘Snapchat.’
- Tap ‘Install‘ to reinstall the app and sign in.
Any Snapchat crashing issues you had should be fixed now. If they aren’t, Snapchat may be having problems itself. The Snapchat Support Twitter account is an official account that identifies issues. Check it to see if there are any self-reported problems with Snapchat.
Why does Snapchat keep lagging?
If Snapchat keeps lagging while you’re trying to enjoy friends’ Stories, there are a variety of reasons. First, try checking your internet connection to make sure it’s stable. Sometimes being too far away from the router at home can cause an unstable connection.
Sometimes clearing your Snapchat conversations can clear up laggy app problems, too. Open Snapchat and click on ‘Settings.’ Then find ‘Account Actions.’ Finally, select the friend’s conversation you want to delete and choose ‘Clear Conversations.’