Deezer debuts Flow Moods – playlists that tailor music to your emotions.
Deezer says its signature feature Flow provides an infinite mix of new tracks. Now it includes the Flow Moods wheel for personal recommendations that take emotions into account. Flow Moods is an emotional jukebox to play music based on a particular mood – with a degree of personalization built-in.
Flow Moods uses data, smart algorithms, and suggestions from editors to create mood mixes. A Flow Mood playlist will include artists users love and new tracks for music discovery – all themed around a certain mood. Deezer says that’s because humans are experiencing emotions 90% of the time in our everyday lives.
To begin using the feature, you’ll need to choose one of six basic Flow Moods. It’s also worth noting that the Flow Moods personal recommendations only kick in after a user has kicked at least 16 tracks or artists on Deezer.
Deezer Flow Moods Playlists
- You & Me – Feeling a little frisky? Let us set the mood for romance with feel-good tracks that you and your partner will love.
- Motivation – Need a little nudge? Make workouts a joyful experience with a power mix to keep you moving.
- Chill – Time to kick back? Relax with your favorite artists that help you unwind and let go.
- Melancholy – We all get the blues now and then. If you’re in the mood for a good cry or want to wallow in sorrow – let it all out here.
- Focus – No distractions, please! Let us help you stay in your zone with the right kind of music to help you achieve your goal.
- Party – Whether it’s a party of one or a party of more – get in the spirit with an endless mix of crowd-pleasing music to get you dancing.
“Our Flow already offers music fans a unique and truly personalized music journey,” says Deezer’s Chief Product & Technology Officer, Matthieu Gorvan. “We’re now taking our recommended music to the next level. Thanks to Flow Moods, we’re making sure that our listeners can have an emotionally connected experience that’s relevant to their daily moods and feelings.”
Start by hitting Flow in the Deezer app. As soon as the music starts playing, you will see the Flow Moods rainbow wheel icon above the cover art. Tap the icon to select the musical mood that’s right for the moment to begin using the new feature, available on iOS and Android Deezer apps.