Snapchat has announced a multi-year partnership with Live Nation to build immersive AR capabilities for several music festivals.
Snapchat has a huge reach with more than 600 million monthly active users around the world. Snapchat reaches more than 75% of the 13-34 year-old demographic in 20 countries. It has partnered with creators and developers to create unique products and services. The latest is a tool built for festival attendees to help Snapchatters find each other easily.
Snapchat has partnered with Live Nation to give fans a custom-built immersive AR experience from Snap Inc’s creative studio, Arcadia.
Fans can open the Snapchat Camera at select concerts for AR experiences that are seamless. It extends the artist’s creative canvas into the crowd to create moments that are unique and memorable for each attendee. Attendees will be able to use the Snapchat Camera to find merch, their friends, discover exclusive landmarks on festival grounds, and many more applications.
Snapchat and Live Nation are rolling out the immersive AR experience to some of the biggest festivals in the world. From Lollapalooza in Chicago to Rolling Loud in Miami, here’s a peek at the festivals that will include AR integration.
- Austin City Limits (Austin, TX)
- Beyond Wonderland (San Bernardino, CA)
- Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival (Manchester, TN)
- Day Trip Festival (San Bernardino, CA)
- Electric Daisy Carnival (Las Vegas, NV)
- Leeds Festival (Bramham Park, UK)
- Lollapalooza (Chicago, IL)
- Lollapalooza Paris (Paris, France)
- Reading Festival (Reading, UK)
- Rolling Loud (Miami, FL)
- Roots Picnic (Philadelphia, PA)
- The Governors Ball (New York, NY)
- Wireless Festival (Crystal Palace, UK)
- Wireless Festival (Finsbury Park, UK)
- Lights On (Brooklyn, NY)
- Wireless Festival (Birmingham, UK)
The first concert experience to feature the new immersive AR experience is Electric Daisy Carnival in May. “Electric Daisy Carnival is using our augmented reality technology so that fans can experience festivals through a new lens,” the press release reads. Check out this video to see how Snapchat envisions the AR experience for festival attendees.