Having trouble with Amazon Music not working? It’s a frustrating problem, but we’ve compiled a list of the best troubleshooting steps to fix it.
One of the most popular music streaming platforms after Apple Music and Spotify, there’s plenty to love about Amazon Music. With lots of exclusive content and additional integration with Amazon’s Alexa, Amazon Music is a valuable service — except when it’s not working.
Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of the best troubleshooting steps to fix most issues you’ll encounter. Go through the checklist and try these solutions to resolve the problem.
Why is Amazon Music Not Working?
There are plenty of reasons why you may experience connection issues with streaming services on your device. The first thing you should do is restart the app. Sometimes all it takes to clear up issues with any app is to restart it, but if that doesn’t fix the problem, the next step should be a device restart.
How to Restart Most Android & iOS Devices
- Hold down the power button on your device.
- Tap the restart button on the screen when it appears.
- Confirm and let your device restart.
- Open Amazon Music and see if it’s working.
Clear Amazon Music’s Cache
If Amazon Music still isn’t working after you’ve restarted your device, it’s time to clear the app’s cache. Clearing an app’s cache removes any downloaded files that might be interfering with the way it works, but it also clears app data, including custom settings.
- Tap the Settings icon on your device.
- Tap Apps and scroll to find Amazon Music.
- Choose the Storage option and Clear Cache.
- Sign back in and verify that Amazon Music is working.
Check Your WiFi or Network Connection
Without a WiFi or data connection, Amazon Music won’t play unless you download your music. Poor to no service can explain why the app isn’t working. Ensure your phone isn’t in airplane mode, which will also interfere with streaming services.
Reinstall Amazon Music
When you’ve exhausted all other options, sometimes it’s best to reinstall the app. If Amazon Music still isn’t working after you’ve tried everything above — especially if this is the only app behaving strangely — it’s time to reinstall it.
- Open the Play Store or App Store and search for Amazon Music.
- Tap Amazon Music and select Uninstall under the available options.
- Confirm you want to uninstall it, and then click Install to reinstall it.
The steps we’ve outlined should combat any Amazon Music issue you might encounter. If you have a problem or solution for Amazon Music that we haven’t covered, let us know in the comments.