If you’re having trouble with Pandora not working, there are a few quick fixes you can try to get it working again.
Pandora is a favorite among music streaming enthusiasts for its near-unrivaled recommendations by classifying music based on the Music Genome Project. As an internet radio service, fans of the platform will tell you that nothing has quite matched it since its launch in 2005. But what do you do when Pandora isn’t working correctly? We’ve compiled a list of the best and quickest ways to get Pandora working again.
Why is Pandora Not Working?
You might experience connectivity issues with any streaming service on your device for many reasons. Ensure your device isn’t in airplane mode and that your WiFi or data connection is working correctly.
Sometimes closing and relaunching the app is all it takes to fix common issues. But if that doesn’t work, the next step should be to restart your device, especially if you last did so a while ago.
How to Restart Most Android & iOS Devices
- Hold down the power button on your device.
- Tap the restart button on the screen when it appears.
- Confirm and wait for your device to restart.
- Open Pandora and confirm that it’s working.
Clearing Pandora’s Cache
If you’ve restarted your device and you’re still having issues with Pandora not working correctly, clearing the app’s cache should be the next step. Clearing an app’s cache is a great way to refresh it without reinstalling it on your device. It removes the files the app has downloaded to save time and can resolve any problems you might have.
- Tap and hold the Settings app icon.
- Select Apps and find Pandora.
- Choose Storage and Clear Cache.
- Restart the app and sign back in.
If you’re still having issues with Pandora after trying everything above, it’s time to uninstall the app and give it a fresh installation. A fresh install can fix any problems that clearing the cache hasn’t already.
- Open the Play Store or App Store and search for Pandora.
- Select Pandora and tap Uninstall under the available options.
- Confirm the uninstall, and then click Install to reinstall it.
- Sign back in and confirm that Pandora is working.
After trying everything above, if Pandora isn’t working, you may need to wait for the app to update. Sometimes app version updates can have issues — especially on older devices — until developers release a fix. Please let us know in the comments or contact us if you’ve found another problem or solution that needs to be covered here.