Pearl Jam’s Matt Cameron has taken to social media to squash internet rumors about him joining Foo Fighters on tour.
An article published on March 16 suggested that Matt Cameron could be one drummer to join the Foo Fighters for their 2023 tour. Writing for The Sun, Simon Boyle speculated based on information from an “inside source.”
“The Foos have been working with a number of musicians close to Taylor and the band over the past few months,” that article reads. “Matt and Atom [Willard] are front runners to drum at the gigs, the first of which is in May. Primarily it will be Matt, but Atom will be on rotation with him. They have both been rehearsing at Studio 606, the Foos’ studio.”
Now in a brief Instagram Story posted on March 25, the one-year anniversary of Taylor Hawkins’ death, Matt Cameron has denied this internet rumor.
“FYI the internet rumors are false, I haven’t joined the Foos,” the drummer states. Neither Matt Cameron nor the Foo Fighters have directly addressed the rumors beyond this brief Instagram post. The Foo Fighters have yet to announce who will be joining them as drummer for their 2023 summer tour. The tour will kick off on May 24 in New Hampshire. Full dates below.
Foo Fighters 2023 Tour Dates
- 24 | Bank of N.H. Pavilion — Gilford, New Hampshire
- 26 | Boston Calling — Boston, Massachusetts
- 28 | Sonic Temple — Columbus, Ohio
- 02 | Rock Am Ring — Nurburgring, Germany
- 04 | Rock Im Park — Nurnberg, Germany
- 14 | Walmart AMP — Rogers, Arkansas
- 16 | Oak Mountain Ampitheater — Pelham, Alabama
- 18 | Bonnaroo — Manchester, Tennessee
- 08 | Festival D’été de Quebec — Quebec City, Quebec
- 12 | Bluesfest — Ottawa, Ontario
- 15 | Harley-Davidson Fest — Milwuake, Wisconsin
- 29 | Fuji Rock — Niigata Prefecture, Japan
- 11 – 13 | Outside Lands Festivals — San Francisco, California
- 03 | Jazz Aspen — Aspen, Colorado
- 09 | The Town — Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 17 | Sea.Hear.Now — Asbury Park, New Jersey
- 21 | Louder Than Life — Louisville, Kentucky