Now for Snapchat’s next music-related foray: live concerts. At today’s 2023 Snap Partner Summit, the focus was on immersive augmented reality experiences and technology for concertgoers and music festival attendees.
At the 2023 Snap Partner Summit, Snapchat disclosed plans to make music festivals and concerts more immersive with new augmented reality experiences and technology. Those ambitions involve none other than Live Nation.
With a reported 85% of Snapchatters using the app to enhance their live music experience, the company is now building on its multi-year partnership with Live Nation to deliver custom AR experiences within 16 of the biggest music festivals. The deal expansion follows a string of music licensing partnerships for the app itself.
Snapchat’s AR Compass and 3D map of the grounds will be available at each festival, helping attendees reach the right stage at the right time, meet up with friends, and make their way around.
Additionally, the company introduced its new integration with Disguise, the industry leader in live event visualization and virtual production technology, to bring Snap AR to some of the largest venues and tours. Fans will see AR visuals through the Snapchat camera that interact with the on-stage visual production via Disguise RenderStream, bringing to life an array of artists’ creative visions.
Festivals with Snap AR experiences through Live Nation include:
- Beyond Wonderland Southern California | San Bernardino, CA
- Electric Daisy Carnival | Las Vegas, NV
- Creamfields South | Hylands Park, UK
- Roots Picnic | Philadelphia, PA
- The Governors Ball | New York, NY
- Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival | Manchester, TN
- Day Trip Festival | Long Beach, CA
- Wireless Festival | Finsbury Park, UK
- Lollapalooza Paris | Paris, France
- Rolling Loud Miami | Miami, FL
- Lollapalooza | Chicago, IL
- Creamfields North | Daresbury Estate, UK
- Reading Festival | Reading, UK
- Leeds Festival | Bramham Park, UK
- Lights On | Mountain View, CA
- Austin City Limits | Austin, TX
In particular, Snap will team up with world-renowned DJ Kygo to create AR experiences for his concerts this summer, enabling fans to immerse themselves in his music in new and creative ways. Snap teases that further AR work with more artists is coming later this year.