Danish Europop group Aqua announces its Barbie World Tour with a US leg throughout the rest of 2023.
Aqua, the Danish Europop group best known for their 1997 hit, “Barbie Girl,” announces its Barbie World Tour on Friday, August 25, with dates across the United States throughout the rest of 2023. The tour launches in Seattle at the Paramount Theatre on November 12, with the US leg wrapping up on December 20 at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Palladium.
“America, you wanna go for a ride?” asks Europop band Aqua on their Instagram post announcing the launch of their Barbie World Tour, with the US leg launching in Seattle on November 12 and wrapping up in Los Angeles on December 20.
Following the heels of the band’s return to the cultural zeitgeist after more than 15 years with the launch of the Barbie movie, Danish Europop dance group Aqua is here to bring you back to the ’90s. The band headlined shows at Irving Plaza in New York City and The Belasco in Los Angeles in June and July and are ready to embark on a world tour.
“We’ve been working on this for 27 years!” the band writes on social media. “Performing two sold-out shows in NYC and LA this summer was a dream come true, and to be able to come back soon for a nationwide tour is absolutely insane. We cannot wait to meet everyone for the first time, face to face.”
Newfound cultural interest in Aqua’s 1997 hit “Barbie Girl” from the band’s debut album, “Aquarium,” comes thanks to the blockbuster “Barbie” film — boasting a box office total of $1.3 billion as of this weekend. Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice’s song from the film’s soundtrack, “Barbie World,” samples Aqua’s track and credits the trio, and debuted at No. 7 on the Billboard all-genre chart dated July 8, marking Nicki’s 23rd Top 10 hit, and Aqua and Ice Spice’s second.
The general public sale begins Wednesday, August 30, at 10 AM ET, while the Spotify Fans First pre-sale begins Monday, August 28, at 10 AM ET.
Aqua Barbie World Tour United States 2023 Dates
- 12 | Paramount Theatre — Seattle, WA
- 14 | The Masonic — San Francisco, CA
- 16 | Municipal Auditorium — Riverside, CA
- 19 | House of Blues — San Diego, CA
- 20 | The Van Buren — Phoenix, AZ
- 22 | House of Blues — Houston, TX
- 24 | Emo’s — Austin, TX
- 26 | Fillmore — New Orleans, LA
- 27 | Buckhead Theatre — Atlanta, GA
- 28 | House of Blues — Lake Buena Vista, FL
- 04 | Fillmore — Silver Spring, DC
- 05 | Fillmore — Philadelphia, PA
- 06 | House of Blues — Boston, MA
- 10 | Fillmore — Detroit, MI
- 12 | House of Blues — Boston, MA
- 13 | Fillmore — Minneapolis, MN
- 15 | The Summit — Denver, CO
- 17 | The DEpot — Salt Lake City, UT
- 19 | House of Blues — Las Vegas, NV
- 20 | Hollywood Palladium — Los Angeles, CA