SiriusXM revealed its brand refresh today that includes a new logo, color palette, and mascot. More importantly, company is also partnering with more than 160 celebrities and DJs for new and exclusive content and a revamped set of streaming features for $9.99 a month. But don’t expect any on-demand ‘Spotify-killer’ features.
The new SiriusXM app will begin rolling out on the App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Fire on December 14. SiriusXM says it will support additional platforms in early 2024. The new app aims to provide listeners with a more personalized, easy-to-use listening experience that places discovery first. Radio station controls will be better, more personalized, and more responsive, though the underlying radio platform concept will remain.
The new app appears to put an emphasis on greater content discovery, offering up pages for podcasts, artists, channels, and more. SiriusXM has also revamped the playback features to be optimized for each type of content—allowing podcast listeners to jump around while providing transcription and speed controls.
Aside from the revamped app, SiriusXM has also announced a new variety of channels for listeners. Some of the new featured channels include:
- Kelly Clarkson Connection | A year-round channel launched today focuses on music that Kelly loves and is inspired by, as well as stories from behind-the-scenes of Kelly Clarkson’s decades in music.
- Life with John Mayer | Debuting on November 22, this year-round channel is hosted by John Mayer, Diplo, and Don Was.
- This Life of Mine with James Corden | This marks Corden’s first entry into audio with a weekly show to explore the people, places, moments, and memories shaping today’s biggest stars.
- Dolly Parton’s Rockstar Radio | A channel launching November 15 and available for a limited time. It features songs from Dolly’s upcoming album, familiar hits, and hand-picked favorites that inspired the making of her new album, Rockstar.
- Smokey’s Soul Town | Is a year-round channel curated by Smokey Robinson to play the best of Classic Soul, R&B, and Motown from the 60s and 70s.
- Shaggy’s Boombastic Radio | A new year-round channel hosted by the reggae icon to immerse listeners in the sounds of reggae, dancehall, and Afrobeats.
With the launch of the new SiriusXM app on December 14, the company will introduce several new guest DJ takeovers from over 160 of the world’s top artists. They include Olivia Rodrigo, Cardi B, Alice Cooper, Luke Combs, and many more.