Jaybird Communications LLC
New York, NY
Jaybird Communications LLC is looking for an Account Executive, with a proven track record of strategic placements in B2B, consumer business and technology media. Must be able to manage multiple accounts and deftly handle daily client interactions. Experience in the entertainment industry, and particularly in music recording and production, preferred.
Other Key Skills & Requirements:
- Must be comfortable working in the hectic world of start-ups, juggling different accounts and able to react quickly to breaking news and evolving stories. Self-motivation a must!
- Deadline-oriented with a problem-solving mindset, and focused on delivering a high level of client service. You need to be a smart, critical thinker and also tactful and discrete with sensitive client information.
- Strong media relations background, with solid contacts at titles such as Tech Crunch, Business Insider, Entrepreneur, Mashable, Fortune, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Fast Company, as well as music, video and entertainment outlets.
- Always alert to media opportunities and able to develop creative pitches that earn coverage in targeted outlets.
- Strong writing skills essential; comfortable with both traditional and social media tools, and understand what works best for a particular communication.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with Cision and iContact a major plus.
- 2-4 years experience preferred, in-house or agency. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Creating activity reports for clients in Word and Excel
Salary:Competitive – based on experience
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance; Paid holidays and vacation
Please submit resume with two writing samples and links to or PDFs of at least three recent media placements to: [email protected].