Digital Music News is a leading trade publication for music industry and technology executives. Our audience is made up of highly targeted decision-makers from every segment of the music business including recordings, publishing, streaming, live concerts, talent development, venture capital, and music-tech.
This is starting out as a contract opportunity that has the potential to become full-time employment after an initial assessment period.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Research and maintain sales leads, generating pipeline for display ads, content sponsorship and newsletter advertising
- Professionally composing emails, a large component of this job is email based.
- Identifying prospective companies that should advertise on our site.
- Outreach to external contacts to introduce our company, try to arrange meetings, as well as verify and qualify leads
- Assists with tracking anniversaries and industry related events for sales opportunities
- Collaborate with our team
- Participates in the brainstorming process of new editorial projects that can bring in new advertisers or renew existing ones.
- Drafting invoices and following up on payments
- Managing Social Media Pages
An Ideal Candidate Has:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Strong computer/internet research and Excel skills
- Thick skin and the ability to persist and turn a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’
- An understanding of B2B sales
- Extremely organized with an eye for details
- Some understanding of the entertainment and music industries from business and consumer standpoint
- Great interpersonal skills with an ability to work as a team player with all levels of the organization and external clients
- Self-motivated and resourceful with an ability to use good judgment in anticipating needs for Sales department
- (Preferred but not required) 1+ years experience in a digital publication or a corporate entertainment environment with research responsibilities.
Please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume