Business Development/Sales Prospecting
This is initially a part time opportunity (10 – 15 hours per week at first) that has the potential to become full time if we find the right candidate and results are being generated.
Compensation is hourly + commission.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Research and maintain sales leads, generating pipeline for display ads, content sponsorship and newsletter advertising
- Outreach to external contacts to verify and qualify leads
- Assists with tracking anniversaries and industry related events for sales opportunities
- Collaborate with our team
- Participates in the brainstorming process of new editorial franchises to unlock new advertising
An Ideal Candidate Has:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Strong computer/internet research and Excel skills
- Extremely organized with an eye for details
- Some understanding of the entertainment and music industries from business and consumer standpoint
- Great interpersonal skills with an ability to work as a team player with all levels of the organization and external clients
- Self-motivated and resourceful with an ability to use good judgment in anticipating needs for Sales department
- (Preferred but not required) 1+ years experience in a digital publication or a corporate entertainment environment with research responsibilities.
Salary: $11.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Sales/Biz Dev: 1 year (Preferred)