Amazon Music, San Francisco
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
A unique opportunity is available to support the VP of Amazon Music in San Francisco as a lead Executive Assistant. In addition to supporting the VP of Amazon Music, you will partner with the existing admin team to offer comprehensive support for a highly-distributed global organization. Heavy calendar management, travel coordination, event planning, large internal team meetings and communication, leadership meetings, and project reviews are all key aspects to this role. As the Executive Assistant for the VP, you also will interface with external partners, including label executives, artist management and artists. Periodically there will be a need to partner with executive recruiting for candidate interview loops. The role requires strong, concise communication skills and poise and composure.
This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments and demonstrate sound judgment. The right candidate will have a strong bias for action and the ability to multi-task a large volume of tasks. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is imperative.
- Set up critical meetings and establish relationships with key artist management executives and music labels
- Complex calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings
- Plan extensive domestic and complex international travel schedule
- Manage expenses in a timely manner
- Coordinate logistics to afford a seamless travel experience
- Interface with external partners
- Understand intricacies of cultural differences and operate within multiple time zones simultaneously
- Organize team events, All Hands meetings, Quarterly events, etc.
- Set up of VC connections for conference call coordination and document ownership
- Hire and develop EA team and serve as the lead EA
- Have exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Make smart and timely decisions; understand when to take ownership of a decision and when to involve other parties
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Drive and track completion of key deliverables and follow-up on outstanding items and other projects as needed
- Organize, prioritize and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner
- May be involved in space planning
- 5+ years’ experience providing executive level assistance in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- Must demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for customer experience and Amazon’s vision
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team orientated philosophy and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups such as senior management, peers and outside vendors
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Sense of humor and ability to work while having fun in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to maintain composure and task switch efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Music/entertainment industry experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws.