Position: In-House Publicist (Los Angeles or New York City)
Waxploitation is seeking a full-time in-house Publicist. The Ideal candidate is self-motivated, and well-connected. A creative individual with tangible music business experience in public relations.
Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential. The ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must. Candidate should also have experience with relevant and emerging media outlets, digital platforms and culture. Existing relationships in the media landscape are essential.
- Develop and implement press and promo strategies
- Write artist bios, press releases, and other press materials
- Pitching for coverage across print, online, radio, TV and new media for in-house campaigns
- Create press and radio reports and sharing them internally and externally
- Coordinate press and radio opportunities around tours and throughout campaigns
Skills & experience
- Genuine passion for and knowledge of Waxploitation’s catalogue and current roster
- Experience in music publicity
- Good knowledge of the media landscape with extensive contacts and good relationships with writers, editors, publishers, TV bookers, photographers, etc.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Essential: MS Office and Google Apps. Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator could be useful.
- Resourceful at working with independent label budget
- Attention to detail is a must
Salary: Competitive. First year as independent contractor. Position is based in Los Angeles but would also consider New York City remotely.
Please send a resume and short cover letter saying why you would be suitable for the role to [email protected] with “In-House Publicist” in the subject line. The deadline is 5pm on 30 May 2018.