Classification: Full-time, exempt Reports to: COO
Department: Inventory Control Supervises: Inventory Customer Service, Inventory Replenishment Admin, Receiving Staff (1), Returns staff (1)
Compensation Level: L3
Primary purpose of the job
The Inventory Control Manager oversees all aspects of Redeye’s inventory. The focus of this position is managing all aspects of physical stock to ensure best possible fill on orders, including stock ordering for new releases and catalog, receiving, stock placement and organization, and refurbishment of returns.
Significant duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily monitoring and PO creation for::
- Best selling titles
- Recent new releases
- Backordered titles
- Weekly monitoring and PO creation for:
- Full Redeye catalog
- Priority Redeye labels
- Ongoing communication with Project Managers and Sales Reps about stock, fill, and marketing conditions that affect ordering
- Ongoing monitoring of possible out of print titles, communication regarding suspension or deletion of titles
- Oversees all receiving of product in the company, this includes:
- Ensuring receipt of all product as quickly as possible, ideally same day
- Ensuring all product arriving at Redeye HQ is identified, sorted, checked for required packaging, and placed in an appropriate bin based on stock movement.
- Ensuring all packages received meet Redeye expectations; communicating to labels that don’t meet these requirements.
- Oversees returns department, which includes:
- Ensuring all returns processed with 30 days
- Ensures all refurb request for damaged product completed in a timely fashion
- Ensures organization, accuracy, and cleanliness of returns area
- Oversees all storage of product within Redeye’s warehouse to ensure order picking is as efficient as possible. This includes bin management, racking setup, overstock management, and pick path configuration.
- Oversees ongoing cycle counts and other recurring inventory counts to ensure inventory is always as accurate as possible.
- Oversees the research of all inventory discrepancies as well as their resolution.
- Working with IT, oversees creation of all inventory management tools related to ordering stock, communication with labels, stock receiving, and inventory management.
- Works closely with the Shipping and Warehouse Manager to ensure timely shipment of all orders and other warehouse related tasks.
- Attends all company events and encouraged to attend shows from distributed artists and labels.
- All other tasks as assigned by COO
Minimum education and skills:
High school graduate or equivalent.
Must be Microsoft Windows/Office & internet proficient.
Must be excellent at communicating, organization, and highly motivated.
Must be able to focus on many different projects in a fast-paced environment.
Experience with music and/or consumer packaged goods preferred.
At least three years of purchasing and/or stock management experience.
At least three years management experience.
At least three years warehouse experience.
Contact: [email protected]