Location: New York City (and supporting staff in LA)
Reports to: Supporting several staff members
beatBread is a music funding startup with a mission to empower artists so that they can own their art and control their careers. We give artists access to funding and more choice to select the promotion, marketing, and production partners that best fit their unique needs. We have secured funding from top-tier venture capitalists and investors in a very large “artist fund” (think 8 figures, soon to be 9 figures in size). Our team is strong and has achieved real marketplace traction. We have already executed agreements with close to 350 artists across 4 continents and have launched partnerships with several leading independent music distributors and artist services companies who want to use our technology and platform. More detail on beatBread can be seen here: https://bit.ly/3tKRR5Z and here:
We are looking for a dynamic, artist friendly superstar to join our rapidly growing team. This is a true “start up” role that requires a particular attitude, ethic, confidence, humility and range. This person will need:
- A “no task too small” attitude.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced environment. This includes having the ability to quickly adapt without letting existing tasks fall behind.
- Willingness to act as an individual contributor, but also the ability to be a supporter of high impact teams
- A curious and open mind
- To be able to thoughtfully speak up, advise and push back with senior members of the team as necessary
- To be highly self-directed, e.g., understand the need and “get the work done” with varying degrees of direction
- To have the confidence and openness to ask for help when struggling
- Growth mindset… towards the business, towards co-workers and partners, and towards themselves
- A personality fit with our team. We are a hardworking, mission-driven group. We believe our team is a good fit for a broad range of working styles, political leanings, cultural backgrounds and sexual/gender orientations. We are not a good fit for high ego, entitled or disrespectful individuals.
Duties to include:
SUPPORTING THE ARTIST & INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- Responding to general enquiries
- Reviewing artist submissions and streaming reports before they go to our diligence team
- Preparing and sending offers to artists
- Reporting daily on any important information relating to upcoming artist and management meetings
- Having a clear and organized overview of our deal pipeline
- Contributing to discussions on growing the pipeline of business
- Monitoring our social media accounts for questions and comments
- Helping to optimize our acquisition funnel
- Contributing to marketing strategy and execution across social media and CRM
- Coordinating our team meetings – both recurring and as required
SUPPORTING THE OPERATIONS TEAM
- Assist in setup, tracking, monitoring and administration of new artist deals including navigating proprietary tools and industry sites like Chartmetric, Spotify For Artists, etc
- Register new masters with SoundExchange
- Track & monitor artist deliverables against contractual obligations
- Organizing data from distribution reports into readable files for our automated systems
- Coordinate delivery of monthly recoupment reports to beatBread roster of artists
Qualifications and Experience
- Likely educated to degree level – Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years full time work in a fast paced office environment
- Ideally some music business experience: likely at a label, distributor, streaming service or management company
- Basic understanding of streaming and distribution models and economics
- Some experience in CRM, social media
- Highly articulate, literate and numerate
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel a must. Experience with HubSpot a plus
- Willing to work hours as needed to grow our business
What we are offering
- An exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, dynamic, music-focused environment
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Benefits Reimbursement
- 401k Plan
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in early in a fast-growing and well-funded company with a vision to change an industry.
To apply: Please email your resume to [email protected]
Good luck! Let’s build the future music industry. Tell ’em Digital Music News sent ya!