Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in the acquisition and unique marketing of iconic and legendary music catalogs. Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 25,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Prince, James Brown, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Sly & The Family Stone, Boy George & Culture Club, Leon Russell, Bill Gaither, Boston, Donny Hathaway, Air Supply, Ray Charles, Thievery Corporation, and many others. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that not only reflect great songwriting, but moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV and commercial synchronization.
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Essential role functions:
To develop and execute innovative digital marketing campaigns for our company and artist roster. More specifically, responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop overall digital strategy and build/execute innovative campaigns to further our artists’ data capture, sales, and advertising goals, and react to social analytics in order to improve the success of these campaigns.
- Develop creative out of the box ideas and campaigns.
- Create and manage internal communication decks as required.
- Create social media content calendars and monitor social media pages.
- Direct and manage relations with internal digital team as well as 3rd party partners and agency clients.
- Using insights, analytics, and consumer insights to inform effective marketing initiatives and decisions.
- Direct and approve creative processes for all internal and external marketing collateral.
- Work closely with internal talent management and publishing teams to develop and maximize opportunities.
- Manage and/or liaise with artist web properties, e-commerce stores with any updates, SEO optimization and keyword usage.
- Track and interpret data to compile reports for clients and others as needed.
- Assess new technologies, partners and develop new opportunities.
- Manage digital paid media campaigns with media agency, agents, and labels.
- Manage email marketing communications for artists throughout projects.
- Assist with basic in-house graphic design and video editing needs across all Primary Wave departments.
- Ensure best practices are used with attention to new digital trends and platform updates.
Qualifications/Skills and Education Required:
Ideal candidate should possess –
3+ years’ experience working in the music or entertainment fields managing digital marketing campaigns and relationships with digital and social partners.
- Passion for music, social media, lifestyle blogs, and discovers new music in interesting ways.
- Reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out
- You are excited by a collaborative high-volume work environment
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with many changeable demands and priorities, requiring scheduling flexibility, positive demeanor and a “can do” attitude.
- A passion for music and live events, interest in understanding how content performs, leveraging available platforms and data.
- Natural storyteller who understands the brand DNA, voice, and aesthetics.
- Strong organizational and copywriting skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, including grammar and spelling.
- Adept in Photoshop, Video Editing Programs (Final Cut Pro, Premiere, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and Basic HTML experience is a major bonus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to read and react to trends in the social and online space.
- Able to read basic analytics and develop plans and content in reaction to what the data observed is telling them.
- Strong presentation skills (both written and spoken), creativity and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop content for online use.
- Experience writing copy and creation of photo/video content.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer exceptional benefits to our employees and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, life insurance, hybrid work schedule, and vacation.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
To respond to this great opportunity, please click on the below Apply Now link to complete an application and submit your resume.
Individuals can perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Good luck! Let’s build the future music industry. Tell ’em Digital Music News sent ya!