Mack Avenue Music Group is a critically acclaimed record company with offices in Los Angeles and Detroit.
With a core emphasis on jazz, soul and R&B, Mack Avenue boasts a diverse roster of musical innovators such as Christian McBride, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Macy Gray, Billy Childs, Kirk Whalum, Julian Lage, Jeffrey Osborne, Alfredo Rodriguez, Joey DeFrancesco, Chucho Valdez, Veronica Swift, Jonathan Butler, Kenny Garrett, Stanley Clarke, Tia Fuller, Christian Sands, Yellowjackets and many others.
Please only apply if you will be able to work in the Los Angeles area.
Mack Avenue Music Group is seeking a passionate and dynamic marketing coordinator to support the Marketing Department. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented person, who can easily handle the coordinator duties listed below, as well as someone who can take on more responsibilities as they get established in the role. This will be a great opportunity for someone who can handle the day-to-day workload and will also be motivated to identify ways to contribute to the department. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage dept. invoices
- Manage dept. expense reports
- Assist artists/managers with various platforms (web, socials, DSPs and various third parties)
- Update and manage various eCommerce platforms (Shopify, Bandcamp, etc.)
- Coordinating travel, hotel, etc. for staff and/or artists
- Sending audio/video files to 3rd parties (radio promo, publicity, editorial, etc.)
- Maintain video asset library from 3rd party video shoots (music videos, performance videos, etc.)
- Create and update all artist marketing decks, marketing timelines, and other project-related documents
- Capture and archive marketing screenshots
- Research, set-up, evaluate vendors
- Liaise with other departments including Radio, Publicity, Digital, A&R, Sales/Commerce, Finance, and Production
- Design, publish and track Mack Avenue newsletter
- Liaison and manage media outlets for both advertising schedule and rate card
- Confirm ad booking w. media outlets, manage deadlines and assets
- Support strategic partners
- Develop new partners (social media, etc.)
- Maintain calendars and manage/post to owned properties
- Post to Mack Avenue and artist’s socials when requested
- Generate and manage tracking links
- Manage YouTube description copy and upload videos
- Support livestream events
- Track KPI’s on digital campaigns
- Monitor analytics for Mack Avenue owned media
- Generate social media reports for active artists
- Pull demographic info for marketing plans
- Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Amazon Music for Artists
- Prior marketing and administrative experience in the music/entertainment industries preferred.
- A lover of all music – especially Jazz.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced, high volume environment focused on both internal and external clients.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with key executives, including artists and artist managers.
- Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline. Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, resourceful, proactive, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Apple (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) and Social Media Platforms to create and manage multiple artist schedules, plans and budgets.
- Proficiency in Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere) preferred.
- Experience with Mailchimp preferred
- Experience with Shopify preferred
- 4 year undergraduate degree
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Competitive salary and benefits. Learn more about us at www.mackavenue.com.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Good luck! Let’s build the future music industry. Tell ’em Digital Music News sent ya!