Universal Music Group Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville and Mercury Nashville. Reading like a “who’s who” of Music Row, the combined rosters include Adam Hambrick, Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, Brandon Lay, Brothers Osborne, Carrie Underwood, Caylee Hammack, CB30, Chris Stapleton, Clare Dunn, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Gary Allan, George Strait, Hootie & The Blowfish, Jon Langston, Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Josh Turner, Kacey Musgraves, Kassi Ashton, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, Kylie Morgan, Lauren Alaina, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Maddie & Tae, Mickey Guyton, Parker McCollum, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain, Travis Denning and Vince Gill.
How we LEAD:
The Media Buying team at Universal Music Group is seeking an experienced Media Planner for our rapidly growing in-house media team. This is a permanent, full-time position based in our Tennessee office and working across various labels. Artist success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape and about MUSIC! We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including social, programmatic, paid search, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. This position is responsible for the planning and day-to-day management of all digital media for various labels.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Liaise with label buying, reporting, billing, and analytics teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns with a focus on campaign KPIs and goals
- Understanding of social and consumption based analytic tools for use in internal communication and planning purposes
- Develop and manage paid social, search, native, programmatic, and direct programs
- Create custom audiences, plan and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords, and Demand Side Platforms
- Possess strong technical understanding of programmatic audience buying
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle, as applicable
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
- Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
- Experience buying through SEM and Social platforms; Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Marketplace, Twitter, Snapchat
- You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI, and learnings.
- Familiarity/experience with DV360, The Trade Desk, Google Analytics, Datorama, Linkfire, Shareable
- Passionate music fan
- 2+ years’ media-related/agency experience, plus at least 2 years of online media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) experience a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Location: Nashville, TN
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Good luck! Let’s build the future music industry. Tell ’em Digital Music News sent ya!