Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a well-established entertainment accounting firm in Los Angeles, is seeking a Music Publishing Administrator for our Century City office. This position is responsible for end-to-end publishing administration of assigned catalogs.
Location: Century City, CA
Full Time, Royalty Examination, Mid Level
- Liaise with clients to confirm publisher and songwriter information
- Update Music Maestro database with song splits and metadata, including IPIs, ISWCs and release information
- Ensure source and PRO registrations are complete and correct, including troubleshooting registration errors
- Send label copy; handle split disputes
- Income tracking
- Correspond with royalty sources regarding statement backup and questions
- Royalty input data entry
- Excel data cleansing for royalty and income reports
- Data entry for quote and license details
- Assist with quotes and issue licenses for synchronization, print, mechanical, and other uses
- Maintain, organize, and file music publishing documentation
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in music publishing and/or royalties
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Music Business or related field preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Vistex Music Maestro software preferred
- At least passing familiarity with U.S. Copyright Law, the performing rights societies and general music industry practices
- Able to read and understand legal terminology as it applies to the music industry
- Able to take direction and work independently
- Able to meet deadlines quickly and accurately, multi-task, and work well under pressure with changing priorities
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are required
- Proactive and flexible self-starter with strong problem solving, social and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
This is a non-exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
Where to apply:
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman (“GRF”) is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.