Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in the acquisition and unique marketing of iconic and legendary music catalogs. Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 25,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Prince, James Brown, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, Whitney Houston, Sly & The Family Stone, Leon Russell, Boston, Air Supply, Ray Charles, and many others.
As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that not only reflect great songwriting, but moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 16 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV and commercial synchronization.
Royalties & Data Analyst
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for compiling and analyzing all royalty transactional and contract data. As the Royalties & Data Analyst, you will play an integral role in the development and maintenance of systems designed to collect and organize data around catalogs, assets, and transactions. You will report to the Royalties & Data Manager and will work closely with the CFO as well as the marketing and branding teams.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with 2+ years of relevant work experience in music or related field
- Exposure to music royalty reports and other music industry databases preferred
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data and create reports from scratch
- Accounting and/or finance experience required
- Proven track record of ability to create reports, pivot tables, dashboards, and data visualizations using Power BI, Metabase, Tableau, or similar tools
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Your responsibilities as the Royalties & Data Analyst will include:
- Mining and manipulating large volumes of data to track income across all catalogs
- Preparing management reports to track and analyze Net Publisher’s Share across income types and by various sources
- Working with the branding department to track all upcoming projects and ensure income is received according to deal terms; invoicing as appropriate
- Tracking consumer level streaming and airplay data by song to ensure accuracy and completeness of revenue, and to help the creative and marketing departments make analytical decisions
- Ensuring current and future systems accurately process transactional data in accordance with deal terms
- Analyzing data to ensure earnings are flowing properly through Digital Service Providers, Performing Rights Organizations, and other Collective Management Organizations; filing claims with third parties where necessary
- Helping to ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations
- Using best practices to improve efficiency of processes and analyses
- Communicating regularly and effectively with the team regarding all major issues impacting data and reporting
Location: New York, NY
We offer exceptional benefits, to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, life insurance, hybrid work schedule, and vacation.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To Apply: To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27682529
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Good luck! Let’s build the future music industry. Tell ’em Digital Music News sent ya!