Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in the acquisition and unique marketing of iconic and legendary music catalogs. Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 25,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Prince, James Brown, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Sly & The Family Stone, Boy George & Culture Club, Leon Russell, Bill Gaither, Boston, Donny Hathaway, Air Supply, Ray Charles, Thievery Corporation, and many others. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that not only reflect great songwriting, but moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV and commercial synchronization.
Location: New York, NY
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Essential role functions:
- Mining and manipulating large volumes of data to track and project sales trends; working with the creative team to help make analytical decisions
- Lead finance and accounting practices for our Recorded Music division
- Preparing management reports to track and analyze Net Publisher’s Share across income types
- Engaging in desktop audits
- Working with the marketing team to track streams and airplay activity to assess efficacy of marketing campaigns, and to inform projections
- Helping to ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations
- Using best practices to improve efficiency of processes and analyses
- Communicating regularly and effectively with the team regarding all major issues impacting data and reporting
- Supporting the implementation of a new royalty system:
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with 5+ years of relevant work experience in music or related field
- Exposure to music royalty reports and/or data analysis preferred
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data and create reports from scratch
- Accounting and/or finance experience required
- Experience creating reports, dashboards, and data visualizations using Power BI, Tableau, or other similar tools
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer exceptional benefits, to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, life insurance, hybrid work schedule, and vacation.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please click on the below link to complete an application and submit your resume.
Individuals can perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Good luck! Let’s build the future music industry. Tell ’em Digital Music News sent ya!