Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in the acquisition and unique marketing of iconic and legendary music catalogs. Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 50,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Prince, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Sly & The Family Stone, Boy George & Culture Club, Glenn Gould, Count Basie, Tom Hamilton (Aerosmith), Tommy Shaw (Styx), Leon Russell, Bill Gaither, Boston, Dave Navarro, Donny Hathaway, Air Supply, Ray Charles, Thievery Corporation, and many others. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that not only reflect great songwriting, but moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV, and commercial synchronization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of systems designed to collect and organize data around catalogs, assets, and transactions. The Royalty Systems Project Manager reports to the CFO and will work closely with the finance and marketing teams.
As the Royalty Systems Project Manager, we will rely on you to successfully perform the following duties:
- Leading the planning, development, and implementation of systems designed to be the central database of information related to contract and copyright data as well as transactional sales and royalty data by various criteria.
- Ensuring that system functionality supports all business requirements and stakeholder needs.
- Ensuring the highest level of compliance with all security and internal controls protocols.
- Liaising with finance and other third parties to ensure seamless integration with ERP and other systems.
- Providing regular status reports to the CFO and COO regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Ensuring ongoing accuracy of all contract and copyright data for current and future deals within the system.
- Ensuring ongoing accuracy of systemic transactional data in accordance with deal terms.
- Managing and coordinating other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Helping to ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations.
- Using best practices to improve efficiency of processes and analyses.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with the team regarding all major issues impacting data and reporting.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with copyright royalties and database system management required
- Ability to manage teams to successful outcomes
- Proven track record of ability to create reports, dashboards, and data visualizations
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer exceptional benefits, to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Location: New York, NY
To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27625374
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.