We are looking for a talented Sales Manager, Music Licensing to join Songtradr’s global sales team in Santa Monica, CA (will also consider territories). The Sales Manager, Music Licensing is a hands-on role responsible for collaborating, developing and executing Songtradr’s sales strategy to drive revenue.
The Sales Manager, Music Licensing is a client-facing role, providing an exceptional Songtradr experience. This individual will build, develop and maintain client relationships within TV, film and advertising. The Sales Manager, Music Licensing will work with Songtradr’s sync team to manage the use of Songtradr’s music, working closely with the production, development, creative, digital, social, and licensing teams. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of music, including genres and styles as well as music licensing, including performance rights organizations (PRO). Candidates with existing customer relationships are preferred.
Songtradr’s mission is to make music for everyone. We create access to music for everyone, everywhere, around the world — to make music, share music, license music, and listen to music. Our agnostic philosophy invites the entire music industry to participate and collaborate — from artists, music platforms, to licensees and listeners — there are no competitors, only participants. We are the global ecosystem for music.
- A minimum of three (3) years of music synchronization licensing sales is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred, with a major in business, augmented by coursework in principles of the music business, copyright law and/or related fields.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Sales Manager, Music Licensing. This list is not all inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
- Manage direct sales activities to proactively promote Songtradr’s music catalog to television, film, trailer houses, production companies, advertising agencies, app developers and video game manufacturers, as well as other media.
- Responsible for attainment of sales quota
- Qualify and develop sales opportunities with goal of increased portfolio value, market penetration and brand awareness
- Maintain established relationships within the music supervision community, as well as seek out and foster new relationships with content producers, music supervisors and music editors across film, TV and OTT.
- Work closely with the marketing and A&R teams to strategize music campaigns
- Work cross-functionally to provide accurate and detailed proposals, responses to creative briefs, scopes of work, and deliverables for each deal
- Participate in weekly sales meetings
- Maintain ongoing sales activity, opportunities and individual forecasts via CRM
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable track record of quota attainment is a must
- Extensive relationships in music sync community (agencies, music houses, music supervisors, production companies, content creators etc.) is required
- CRM Experience (HubSpot or Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent organizational, human relations, presentation, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Adaptability for learning and change
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
Due to the nature of our business, you may be exposed to potentially offensive lyrics and/or video content.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
We are a passionate group of musicians, thinkers, builders, coders, business professionals and artist advocates with a simple mission; to revolutionize the process of exchanging music rights and provide unparalleled value for the creative classes. Our world-class content management system arms music makers with a comprehensive set of tools and services to professionally manage their careers, while our automated marketplace and talented music supervisors streamline the music discovery and licensing process. For more information, visit songtradr.com. Songtradr is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Please apply using the following link: https://www.indeed.com/job/sales-manager-music-licensing-4b95acce35c25dac