Indie retailers are driving the vinyl boom.
But what are they actually selling? Let’s just say it bears little-to-no resemblance to Best Buy, Soundscan, or mainstream radio…
The tally comes from StreetPulse, which monitors more than 1,200 independently-owned retailers across the US, both physical and digital. Here’s the latest, for the week ending September 18th.
1. St. Vincent, Strange Mercy
2. Girls, Father Son Holy Ghost
3. Wild Flag, Wild Flag
4. Mason Jennings, Minnesota
5. Beirut, Rip Tide
6. Kooks, Junk of the Heart
7. Neon Indian, Era Extrana
8. Blitzen Trapper, American Goldwing
9. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
10. Umphrey’s McGee, Death by Stereo