The latest additions and departures…
Bill Lubvitz is leaving his position as Vice President of Promotion at Nashville indie label group Black River Entertainment. All Access says the company is now looking for a West Coast Regional Promotion Rep to succeed him.
The Music Business Association‘s chairman Rachelle Friedman (Co-Founder and President of J&R Music & Computer World) is stepping down after seven terms. The association has also announced their Board of Directors for 2014-2015:
- Brent Muhle from iTunes is Vice Chairman
- Steve Harkins from Baker & Taylor is Secretary
- John Trickett from Immergent is Treasurer
- Len Cosimano is Director at Large
- Other board members include Fred Beteille – YouTube, Christina Calio – Microsoft, Glenn Dicker – Redeye, Mike Fratt – Homer’s, Brad Navin – The Orchard, Bruce Ogilvie – Super D/Alliance Entertainment, Dilyn Radakovitz – Dimple Records, Ryan Redington – Amazon, Steve Savoca – Spotify, Matt Signore – Warner Music Group, Darren Stupak – Sony Music Entertainment, Jim Urie – Universal Music Group Distribution, and Dave Zierler – INgrooves Fontana
In other news, there are a couple deaths in the industry…
Australian producer and engineer Martin Erdman has died. His most notable production was Peter Allen’s “I Still Call Australia Home.
Billboard reports that the founder and head of Ray Charles Marketing Group, Tony Gumina, has died. Ray Charles Marketing Group provides financial support for institutions and organizations dealing with hearing disorders and education. The group also deals with licensing of Ray Charles’ name and image.
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and more. Follow her on Twitter: @nine_u