Phish will perform without an audience in a ‘Dinner and a Movie’ experience to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
After audiences were canceled for the New Year’s Eve celebration, Phish decided to make lemonade out of lemons. The band will perform three full sets this New Year’s Eve, live from the Ninth Cube. The show will be performed with no audience in attendance and will be live streamed on Phish’s YouTube channel and LivePhish.com. The sets will also be on Phish Radio on Sirius XM. The band will take the stage at 8:30 pm ET on December 31.
The show is called the ‘Dinner and a Movie’ series because Phish is providing the entertainment and dinner recipes. Attendees who decide to watch the live stream have been given specific instructions for their dinner prep.
“The recipes were chosen by the band and feature Trey’s own recipe for Lemonade, a whole roasted chicken with lemon, a lemon pasta vegetarian entree, and lemon bars for dessert,” the website reads. Phish’s Dinner and a Movie series has distributed nearly $900,000 in donations via the WaterWheel foundation since the start of the pandemic. SiriusXM underwrote the production costs to make the webcast free.
“We will also have three limited-edition posters available from the original Garden run for sale beginning this Thursday via Phish Dry Goods, along with some additional merch,” the announcement continues. “Proceeds from these poster sales will be donated to The WaterWheel Foundation and more details will be shared soon via Dry Goods.”
Phish Recipes for ‘Dinner and a Movie’ New Year’s Eve 2021
Giant Bowl of Lemonade
- Get handed lemons.
- Make lemonade.
- For ‘electric lemonade’ add desired ingredients.
Whole Roasted Lemon & Herb Chicken – Phish Recipe
- 2 lemons
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 yellow onions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2-3 whole carrots
- 2-3 potatoes (Yukon Gold recommended)
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Take chicken out of the refrigerator
- Remove giblets if there are any and discard them.
- Rinse the chicken in water and pat dry.
- Leave it out while you prepare the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees with the rack on the bottom. You’ll need a roasting pan for your chicken.
- Mince garlic and mix with herbs and three tbsp. of olive oil and two pinches of salt.
- Spoon half of the mixture between the chicken skin and the rest on top. Season the outside of the chicken generously with the mixture and salt and pepper.
- Slice whole lemons in half, peel the onions, and quarter.
- Put half a lemon inside the chicken, then put the other lemon halves, onion, garlic, carrots, and potatoes around the chicken. Season the vegetables and pour chicken stock into the bottom of the pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until inner thigh temp reaches 175 degrees.
- Remove and let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before you cut it to serve.
Want the rest of Phish’s recipes for Dinner and a Movie? Check out the official site here for the lemon pasta and lemon bars recipes.