Having trouble with Apple Music not working? It’s a frustrating problem that always comes at the most inconvenient moments. We’ve compiled a list of the most common causes and how to fix them.
You’re about to leave for your commute to work or just putting in your AirPods to listen to music and focus, but now your Apple Music isn’t working. Below is a list of common reasons why your Apple Music isn’t working and how to get it working again.
Check That Your Apple Music Subscription is Active
If your Apple Music isn’t working, make sure you have an active Apple Music subscription. To view app subscriptions:
- Open the App Store
- Tap your profile icon in the upper right.
- Tap Subscriptions
- If Apple Music doesn’t appear beneath the Active column, check to see if it’s beneath the Expired column
- If it is expired, tap the app to be directed to account management so you can update payment info as needed.
Restart the App
Sometimes an app just isn’t working correctly and should be restarted. To restart the Apple Music app:
- Swipe up on your screen to access the App Switcher. (Double tap the Home button on iPhones that have one to access the App Switcher.)
- Swipe up on your Music app to force close it.
- Reopen your Music app and see if it works correctly.
Check your WiFi or Network Connection
Apple Music won’t play it without a WiFi or data connection unless you download your music. Poor or no service can explain Apple Music that won’t stream. Make sure your iPhone isn’t in airplane mode, as this will also interfere with streaming services.
Check Apple Music’s System Status
If Apple Music isn’t working, you can check the status to ensure the service isn’t down for maintenance or a temporary outage.
Delete and Re-Add the Song or Album
If select songs or albums are causing problems, try deleting and re-adding them. To remove a song or album:
- Open the Music App and find the item you want to delete.
- Tap and hold to bring up the menu and select Remove.
- Tap Delete from Library
- Search for the song or album again in Apple Music and add it to your library to re-download.
An outdated iOS can cause an array of issues with different apps. To update your device:
- Connect to WiFi and make sure your device has a decent charge or plug it in.
- Open the Settings app
- Tap General
- Tap Software Update
- Tap Download and Install
Following the methods outlined above will eliminate the most common issues encountered with Apple Music not working. If you’re still having problems or found a workaround not mentioned here, leave a comment below.