With the final episodes of Season 4 dropping on Netflix, Legacy Recordings has released the Stranger Things 4 soundtrack in digital and physical forms. The album features six additional songs, including an extended remix of Journey’s “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” featuring Steve Perry.
The astronomical resurgence of Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill” after its appearance on Netflix’s Stranger Things is evidence that a show’s soundtrack can become just as iconic as the show itself. With the release of the final two episodes of Stranger Things’ fourth season earlier this month, Legacy Recordings unveiled the complete soundtrack in physical and digital forms.
The soundtrack features six additional songs, including an extended version of the Bryce Miller and Alloy Tracks remix of Journey’s “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” with Steve Perry.
“I was stunned at how cool it was,” Perry tells Variety of the original remix. “I found out that Bryce Miller and Troy MacCubbin had created it and told them how much I loved it. One week later, I had an idea for an extended version, so I called Bryce and we assembled our extended remix. Being a huge fan of the show, having my music on the soundtrack made me very happy! I truly love both these remixed versions as much as I do the original recording from the Journey Frontiers record.”
Notable additions to the soundtrack from the season’s final two episodes include Metallica’s “Master of Puppets,” Siouxsie and the Banshees’ “Spellbound,” Rick Derringer’s “Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo,” James Taylor’s “Fire and Rain,” and Moby’s “When It’s Cold I’d Like to Die.”
Show creators The Duffer Brothers produced the Stranger Things 4 soundtrack with music supervisor Nora Felder. It will be available on CD and cassette on September 9, while vinyl pressings that include a poster insert will be available on November 4.
Complete Stranger Things 4 Soundtrack
- “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” (Bryce Miller/Alloy Tracks Remix) – Journey with Steve Perry
- “California Dreamin'” – The Beach Boys
- “Psycho Killer” – Talking Heads
- “Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)” – Kate Bush
- “You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)” – Dead or Alive
- “Chica Mejicanita” – Mae Arnette
- “Play With Me” – Extreme
- “Detroit Rock City (Single Version)” – KISS
- “I Was a Teenage Werewolf” – The Cramps
- “Pass the Dutchie” – Musical Youth
- “Wipe Out” – The Surfaris
- “Object of My Desire (Single Version)” – Starpoint
- “Rock Me Amadeus (The Gold Mix)” – Falco
- “Travelin’ Man” – Ricky Nelson
- “Tarzan Boy” – Baltimora
- “Dream a Little Dream of Me” – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- “Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo (Single Version)” – Rick Derringer
- “Fire and Rain” – James Taylor
- “Spellbound” – Siouxsie and the Banshees
- “Master of Puppets” – Metallica
- “When It’s Cold I’d Like To Die (featuring Mimi Goese)” – Moby
- “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” (Steve Perry & Bryce Miller Extended Remix) – Journey with Steve Perry