Jenny Lewis has cancelled all of her indoor venue show dates due to COVID concerns.
“Out of an abundance of caution due to the ongoing COVID situation, Jenny Lewis will not perform at any indoor venues for the remainder of the year,” her announcement on Twitter reads. “Therefore, it’s with great disappointment that the below indoor shows have been cancelled.”
“Check with your point of purchase for refund information,” the statement continues. “Jenny and her band will continue forward with the outdoor festival dates: Live on the Green, XPoNential Festival, Sound On Sounds Music & Arts Festival, Wildwood Revival and Moonstone Festival.”
Jenny Lewis Canceled Indoor Dates
All of the canceled dates take place in the month of September.
- 17 | Richmond, VA – The Broadberry
- 20 | Stroudsburg, PA – Sherman Theater
- 23 | Asbury Park, NJ – Stone Pony
- 25 | Baltimore, MD – Rams Head Live!
- 27 | Saxaphaw, NC – Haw River Ballroom
- 28 | Asheville, NC – The Orange Peel
Jenny Lewis Upcoming Shows
- 1 | Nashville, TN – Live on the Green
- 18 | Philadelphia, PA – XPoNential Music Festival
- 24 | Bridgeport, CT – Sound on Sound Music Festival
- 30 | Athens, GA – Wildwood Revival
- 29 | Birmingham, AL – Moonstone Festival
Jenny Lewis teamed up with Serengeti in 2021 to drop a new single called “GLTR.” The track was produced by Lewis and Andrew Broder and featured a music video directed and edited by Lewis. The video was shot at the Hendersonville Memory Gardens, where country music legend Johnny Cash is buried. Lewis and Serengeti also collaborated on “Idiot,” “Vroom, Vroom,” and “Unblu.”
Serengeti describes the track as a “nice song about getting out of your head and having a time. Getting out a little bit. Getting out of bed and enjoying some things. Maybe putting down the phone for a second.”
The New York Times reports that COVID cases across the United States are on the rise, according to the latest data. New COVID variants are highly transmissible and health experts are expressing a need for better precautions.