Lizzo will perform at the Logitech Song Breaker Awards, the first music awards show in the Roblox metaverse.
The awards will honor groundbreaking creators who are shaping pop music through dance challenges, memes, and trends they have created and shared on social media. The show will premiere on Roblox on Saturday, April 30 at 10 am PT with three additional performances throughout the day. The pre-show experience is available inside Roblox starting April 27.
The Song Breaker Awards show is a creator-focused awards show under the Logitech for Creators’ ‘Together We Create’ global campaign. The Roblox world has been designed from the bottom up to be a creator-centered experience for the community to engage with their favorite creators in unexpected aways.
The Song Breaker Awards will be hosted by digital entertainer Bretman Rock. Icon and Grammy Award-winning artist Lizzo will make her metaverse debut on the Song Breaker Awards stage.
“I’ve had so much fun collaborating with Logitech for Creators on the show,” says Bretman Rock. “I’ll be hosting, so you already know you’ll be entertained. I’m excited for the community to join us to celebrate some incredible and talented artists together!”
“I’m excited to be making my metaverse debut with Logitech and to be performing ‘Special,’ which is a song that means so much to me,” says Lizzo. “As a musician and creator, I love that Logitech Song Breaker Awards show recognizes the unique talent of all creators, and how each of them are making an impact on pop culture and music.”
Other creators who will be coming together for this year’s celebrations include MeganPlays, Twitch streamer and musician Jaden Smith, and there will a musical performance by singer-songwriter GAYLE.
In the pre-show experience on Roblox, fans can ride an epic rollercoaster, collect Creator Coins, earn badges through gameplay to unlock special items, or take a selfie XL photo with friends. There are also Lizzo concert t-shirts available for purchase for players’ digital avatars in the Logitech for Creators virtual store.
Proceeds from all digital merchandise sales will benefit MusiCares, the leading music charity. MusiCares was founded by The Recording Academy in 1989 and has acted as a safety net for the health and welfare of the music community. Creators to be honored at this year’s Song Breaker Awards include:
- Cost n’ Mayor – “Let’s Groove” by Earth, Wind, & Fire (Remix). Husband-and-wife Austin and Marideth Telenko also collaborated with Logitech to motion capture the choreography of all honorees, to turn them into emotes on Roblox.
- David Vu – “Get Into it (Yuh)” by Doja Cat, Originator
- Dreya Mac – “Own Brand Freestyle” by Dreya Mac; Originator
- GAYLE – “abcde-forget-u” by GAYLE; Originator. GAYLE will be receiving the Song Breaker of the Year Award. Her song has had the biggest impact on the Billboard Song Breaker Chart, appearing on the chart for three consecutive months.
- JuucyJ – “Might Be – Remix” by DJ Luke Nasty; Originator
- JVKE – “This is What Falling in Love Feels Like” by JVKE; Originator
- Noah Beck – “Dinero” by Trinidad Cardona; Amplifier
- Vano 3000 – “Running Away” by VANO 3000; Originator
- Walker Hayes – “Fancy Like” by Walker Hayes; Originator. Hayes is nominated for his first GRAMMY Award this year. During the pandemic, Hayes and his family made TikTok videos for fun, creating dances for several songs from his album. His TikTok video for “Fancy Like” has received more than 2.5 million likes, which led to the song becoming a viral hit.
- Tracy Joseph – “Love Nwantiti” by C-Kay; Originator