The Ultra Music Festival in Miami is canceled this year — but attendees aren’t getting refunds.
Instead, organizers have shared an email with attendees to let them know their options. There are plenty of perks for the next Ultra Miami, but no cash for the one that won’t happen. Organizers say they’ve worked hard to provide ‘extra value’ to Ultra Miami 2021 hopefuls.
Some of those perks include discounts and exclusive access, but no Ultra Miami 2020 refunds.
“All tickets purchased will, of course, remain valid and will be honored at either the 2021 or 2022 Ultra Miami event, at your option,” organizers explain. “You will have 30 days to choose which Ultra Miami event you want to attend. Additionally, we are also working to offer a digital online Ultra experience as soon as possible,” the statement reads.
Many Ultra Miami ticketholders are furious about the lack of refunds. The email sent out to ticketholders also included an upsell for Ultra merchandise. Remember, many attendees are eating the cost of their flights and hotels.
Some of the options for 2020 Ultra Miami ticket holders include:
- One ticket to Ultra Music Festival 2021 or 2022
- An extra hour at Ultra Miami 2021
- Free ticket to an Ultra Worldwide or Resistance event in 2021 (excluding Miami)
- A discount for up to 50% off $250 in merchandise
- $99.95 Premium GA private sale to Ultra Miami 2021
- Exclusive access to buy two more GA passes for Ultra Miami 2021
- A chance at 10 Ultra Golden Tickets that admit an additional guest
At least two of those benefits are just an extra chance and not guaranteed. The decision not to refund is a strange one. Tomorrowland and Ultra Abu Dhabi both offered attendees refunds at their chosen point of sale. SXSW is also facing an uncertain future over this year’s cancellation – it laid-off a third of its workforce. The SXSW 2021 event may also be in doubt.