If you’re wondering how old the members of The Rolling Stones are, the average age is now a healthy 78 years of age. But despite the recent passing of drummer Charlie Watts, who passed away shortly after turning 80, the remaining members are showing little sign of slowing down.
So, just how old are The Rolling Stones these days? Fabulous frontman Mick Jagger, born in 1943, is now 80. The immortal guitarist Keith Richards isn’t far behind at 79. And Ronnie Wood is the youngest at 76. But these late septuagenarians and freshly-minted octogenarian are just days away from kicking off their latest tour leg and show no signs of slowing down.
Sadly, Charlie Watts passed away in 2021, immediately raising questions about the group’s future. But despite the tragic development, it looks like the show must go on. After briefly converting their website to a Charlie Watts tribute, the Stones quickly made it clear that their upcoming tour dates weren’t getting canceled. In Watts’ place comes Steve Jordan, who first played on the group’s 13-date ‘No Filter’ tour just months after Watts’ passing (incidentally, Jordan is a relatively young 66 years of age).
The Rolling Stones have announced a brand-new 2024 tour sponsored by AARP, taking them back on the road across 16 North American cities to support their new album, Hackney Diamonds. Fans can expect to hear the Stones’ biggest hits, including “Start Me Up,” “Gimme Shelter,” “Satisfaction,” and more, as well as deep cuts and music from their latest album.
The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour ‘24
- 28 | NRG Stadium — Houston, TX
- 02 | New Orleans Jazz Fest — New Orleans, LA
- 07 | State Farm Stadium — Glendale, AZ
- 11 | Allegiant Stadium — Las Vegas, NV
- 15 | Lumen Field — Seattle, WA
- 23 | MetLife Stadium — East Rutherford, NJ
- 30 | Gillette Stadium — Foxboro, MA
- 03 | Camping World Stadium — Orlando, FL
- 07 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium — Atlanta, GA
- 11 | Lincoln Financial Field — Philadelphia, PA
- 15 | Cleveland Browns Stadium — Cleveland, OH
- 20 | Empower Field at Mile High — Denver, CO
- 27 | Soldier Field — Chicago, IL
- 05 | BC Place — Vancouver, BC
- 10 | SoFi Stadium — Los Angeles, CA
- 17 | Levi’s Stadium — Santa Clara, CA